Laptops forum

General discussion

Is this is a good deal for a DELL E1505

I am looking to buy a dell e1505 with following config at 1644$ is this a good price or should i wait for a better deal

PROCESSORIntel

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is this is a good deal for a DELL E1505
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is this is a good deal for a DELL E1505
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not bad.

In reply to: Is this is a good deal for a DELL E1505

While some may slam the integrated video display chipset, that's still quite a nice system. I take it that you are going to hit the road since you picked the 15 inch display.

You should get some fair battery times on this one since the display size and non-3D chipset was selected.

-> I really like your CPU selection.

Bob

Collapse -
Non 3D Chipset

In reply to: Not bad.

Which is a 3D chipset the highest they have for video is the 256 MB card ?

Collapse -
"What is a 3D chipset?"

In reply to: Non 3D Chipset

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphics_processing_unit

In later years, the GPU added more RAM and more '3D' features. Your model shares memory with the CPU and may not run 3D game software acceptably to a "gamer."

Not this is a bad thing. The benefits of longer battery times and less heat, less system cost are factors here.

Bob
Collapse -
I have the Radeon X1400

In reply to: "What is a 3D chipset?"

Hi !

I've also a Dell E1505.

I have the previews version, with the Core Duo CPU.

The ATi Mobility Radeon X1400 will satisfy you if you play games occasionally. It can easily runs games like BattleField 2 and Need for Speed. I score arround 950 points in 3DMark06 ( Core Duo 1.66 Ghz, 512 MB DDR2 533 MHz, 80 GB @ 5400 RPM ).

Sure, a big gamer would like a GeForce Go 7600 or an X1800/Go7900, but you'll find this GPU's only in 17" laptops, which are heavier and less easy to carry. You lose the mobility of a laptop ...

Make sure to format your hard-drive after you receive your new computer. Manufacturers install ( too ) many useless software that slow down the computer ( you should see the msconfig startup tab ... ). You'll get better performances with a clean Windows XP.

I concil you to take the ATi. You'll get better Aero Performances in Windows Vista and better performances in video/photo editing tasks or 3D programs.

Collapse -
I think it is a good deal...

In reply to: Is this is a good deal for a DELL E1505

According to my friend who used to work for Dell, he said the insurance are most of the time unnecessary. Just get the 1 year warranty. The first year is the most critical and if the laptop pass one year it will most of the time survive for another 4-5 years.

Don't forget the 20% with this coupon: 8JVC1R9N6V8VC9.

Enjoy!

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.