Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Is there trouble in paradise?

by JP Bill / March 7, 2013 12:28 PM PST
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is there trouble in paradise?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is there trouble in paradise?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Obama's cutting 60K border agents
by James Denison / March 8, 2013 1:06 AM PST
Collapse -
I thought that the physical security of the nation
by Steven Haninger / March 8, 2013 1:32 AM PST

was the top priority without which nothing else matters. A body can't help another body if his own isn't sound. That's why you put on your own oxygen mask in an airplane emergency before you help anyone else with theirs.

Collapse -
RE: A body can't help another body if his own isn't sound
by JP Bill / March 8, 2013 2:06 AM PST

More money into health care?

The healthier you are, the better you can defend yourself and others?

Collapse -
So pass out the apples and tofu salads

rather than keep enemy combatants away? It's going to be difficult picking up your fork if your arms are broken or blown off.

Collapse -
(NT) At least you'll die with a full belly.
by JP Bill / March 8, 2013 3:05 AM PST
Collapse -
RE:I thought that the physical security of the nation
by JP Bill / March 8, 2013 5:26 AM PST

was the top priority.

You are referring to Defense?...Correct?

Those WERE the days?

Most Americans want government austerity, but they also want increased spending on a host of popular programs. That's according to the newly released General Social Survey. It finds that the public says education, crime fighting, health care, Social Security and the environment deserve more money. And that the U.S. should spend less on defense, space and foreign aid.

And "this" is for Toni

from 1973 through 2012. During that time, one category has been stuck firmly in last place: foreign aid.

Foreign aid...LAST PLACE....... always has been, always will be.

Collapse -
That could change in a heartbeat
by Steven Haninger / March 8, 2013 5:48 AM PST

People can get fat, dumb and lazy when they've not seen the wolf around in a while.

Collapse -
RE:they've not seen the wolf around in a while.
by JP Bill / March 8, 2013 5:52 AM PST
Collapse -
I agree totally that
by TONI H / March 8, 2013 9:24 PM PST

foreign aid is not what it was originally intended to be. "AID" specifically infers that the PEOPLE of that country would benefit; however, most dictatorship regimes lined their own pockets and their military's bellies with cash and food and the people still starved or were killed without a backward glance by their own leaders. Nobody gives a crap anymore about foreign aid and it should be done away with.......However, if aid is given then instead give the money/food to reputable organizations (not the UN obviously) that can make sure that the aid actually gets where it should be. We could also probably get away a whole lot cheaper with regard to the budget every year if we did it the correct way finally......and use that money that's left over to pay down the national debt.

I also see that your survey comes from General SOCIAL Survey......a pretty liberal 'social' slant.

As for your comment that "this is for Toni"......I don't know what you think you were supposed to be directing at me because I have NEVER indicated that I wanted foreign aid or even agreed with it, unless you completely misinterpreted my statement regarding Egypt.

Collapse -
RE:.I don't know what you think
by JP Bill / March 8, 2013 11:35 PM PST
In reply to: I agree totally that
.I don't know what you think you were supposed to be directing at me because I have NEVER indicated that I wanted foreign aid or even agreed with it, unless you completely misinterpreted my statement regarding Egypt.

Contrary to what you believe, sometimes, I do like to spread SOME joy in your life.

I wanted to "make your day".
Collapse -
Or are they getting ready for the drones?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 8, 2013 1:54 AM PST
Collapse -
If you do
by James Denison / March 8, 2013 2:05 AM PST

fly it around the White House, that should provide some fun. See how they like it then.

Collapse -
I would not need to.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 8, 2013 2:28 AM PST
In reply to: If you do
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.