The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Is there something worse than ''hot Coffee?''

by daniel_mad / January 24, 2006 8:19 AM PST

Yes there is!

It goes by the name of Naughty America. Is is what happens when you take "the sims" and pour some "hot coffee" into it. The purpose of this game is to meet other people online, be friends, build relationships and basically, give the player the ability to express the "physical emotions"... digitally. You can purchase furniture, and appartment and clothing. Furthermore users are given the ability to design their character's "assets". Now, if this doesn't M or A rating by the ESRB, we will be seeing alot of concerned parents. Which brings me to my question, how do make sure children don't become exposed to this form of entertainment. Also, does anyone else see any other risky factors that may arise from this game?

If you want to see more, visit:

http://www.naughtyamericathegame.com/

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is there something worse than ''hot Coffee?''
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is there something worse than ''hot Coffee?''
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
You make sure children don't access material like this by...
by Jasmes / January 24, 2006 8:40 AM PST

...having these things called "parents."

Their job is to "supervise" children until they are old enough to make decisions based on their own judgement.

Collapse -
parents aren't always around
by daniel_mad / January 24, 2006 11:46 AM PST

considering how busy parents are now a days, most of them aren't able to watch their children every minute of the day.. sooo.. what's another way?

Collapse -
I have a better way...
by Jasmes / January 24, 2006 12:24 PM PST

...better parents.

Collapse -
I agree
by Dilbert278 / January 24, 2006 9:44 PM PST
In reply to: I have a better way...

With Jasmes

It is not the Governments responsibility to tell us what games to play. It is us, or, in the case of children, their parents.

For example, due to the stupidity of the game classification system in Australia, if a game's rating is R (or it changes to R, like GTA Vice City, where that 'scene' was discovered) it automatically gets taken off the shelves.

If children get their hands on that material, its THE PARENTS responsibily. If their is unsuitable content, they should be adviced, but the games should not be restricted for adult gamers.

Thats my rant....Oh, and I'm 13, if that makes a difference to your perception of my opinion (which it shouldn't, but meh)

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!