Resolved Question

Is There EASY Way to Remove 2 Comcast Things?

Using Compaq Presario 2002 XP Home, SP3
There's Comcast Desktop Doctor (now maybe Easy Solve") and Iorget the exact name of the Comcast Installer, but someone here will know. I always get good answers.. Lots of people say Comcast "spam" Cannot find File, and like that error messages.
They're Not in Add/Remove or Start Menu. Possible to do it without getting into Registry in any way?

Will I need an uninstaller? Most remove way too much from my elderly desktop. Is Revo freeware better?
TIA.

Discussion is locked
lesliebuc has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Follow
Reply to: Is There EASY Way to Remove 2 Comcast Things?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Is There EASY Way to Remove 2 Comcast Things?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments

Best Answer

- Collapse -
Let Me Rephrase

Comcast Desktop Doctor is advertised as a desirable troubleshooter, but but
but many have found that it interferes with I.E. 8, and they want to remove it.

Is there a way to do that without going into the registry? Then there's also a
Comcast Installer, they also had to remove. I've forgotten the exact name of it.

Has anyone here had this experience with Comcast Broadband High Speed
Internet? I think one line got left out of my initial post. Thanks in advance.

My tech info is in first post.

- Collapse -
You should be able to remove it..

lesliebuc..

You should be able to remove it with the free version of the Revo Uninstaller.

According to those at the Comcast forum, Desktop Doctor was replaced by EasySolve. Neither of the two are needed.

After installing the Revo Uninstaller, you shouldn't have a problem locating (and removing) whatever it is you wish to uninstall. If you don't recognize them by the icon's, click on view (as you see it here) and try the other options. It's a relatively simple process.

Best of luck..
Carol

- Collapse -
Thanks, Carol

I've just downloaded Revo Uninstaller freeware but haven't used it yet. They like it at the repair shop I use.

Just noticed, the discussion about Comcast add-ons was in 2009, so it's probably been fixed, reason I can't even find the two Comcast items. They may have just one time been in my computer and caused the I.E. 8 error msg "cannot find file", and then something automatic removed them, as AOL often corrects itself. So I'll mark this "Resolved", and thank you again. This forum is so helpful. Have a good evening.

CNET Forums