General discussion

is there better VoIP than Skype for Mac?

There are some alternatives:
iSoftphone
Xlite
zoiper
macPhone : my preference because zero configuration and synchronized with the address book

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: is there better VoIP than Skype for Mac?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: is there better VoIP than Skype for Mac?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
X-lite with Onesuite

My brother is using X-Lite on his Mac with Onesuite VoIP service. He said X-Lite is the best softphone for his Mac.

- Collapse -
voip sip sdk

My project requires to integrate dialer
with voice playing ability, fax detection and digit recognition

I analyzed voip sip market and have found
http://voipcore.com

Did anybody had experience using it?

- Collapse -
SDK VOIP

Hi,

Yes, I was looking for Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) enabled telephony applications where I can dial as well as receive phone calls in my application then I tried http://www.voipcore.com/. It is an outstanding s/w.
Also, using this s/w, you can convert existing telephony applications into other SIP supported products.

- Collapse -
better voip than skype for mac.

i prefer macphone. i have tried it and was able to compare with other softphones i used. i got it from Nomado, it's preconfigured, so after downloading it, i can use it right away. the quality is the best. my friend told me it's the quality of the network of nomado which is very important in getting call quality. usage wise, it's very easy.

CNET Forums

Forum Info