Samsung forum

General discussion

Is there any upgrade to new firmware for LN53A750/

by haganton / February 4, 2010 9:50 PM PST

I noticed that there is a firmware 1017 for other models. Is this a potential upgrade from firmware 1012 for the LN52A750? Or is the LN52A750 considered a legacy product that will get no more updating of things such as firmware and PC Share Manager?

I am runnimg Windows 7 Home Premium with all updates applied.

I have so many problems with things like "Not Supported File Format" and others that I don't know whether to give up or hope for help from Samsung. I am unable to upgrade the "PC Share Manager" software because I am unable to uninstall the software that I loaded from the CD packed with the TV.

I have submitted several emails asking for help listing my problems with no response from Samsung. I also tried live chat and could not get any help that way. Where do I go from here?

Tony Hagan
(407) 497-7862 cell

jhagan4@cfl.rr.com

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is there any upgrade to new firmware for LN53A750/
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is there any upgrade to new firmware for LN53A750/
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Is there any upgrade to new firmware for LN53A750/
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 6, 2010 9:30 AM PST

haganton,

The LN52A750 only supports a few formats, which are listed out in the manuals. It is unlikely that further formats will be supported in the television. Unless the formats you're using are listed in the manual have video, audio codec and resolution, you will get the "Not Supported File Format" error. Re-encoding the files as listed in the manual will help.

The PC Share Manager software for your model is available here for download (Click on Software under the "Downloads" tab).

http://tinyurl.com/ygu9386

PC Share Manager 1.5.2 is the latest version available for your model. Newer versions exist out there, but those are for current models, which support more formats.

--HDTech

Collapse -
LN52A750 Firmware and Software
by haganton / February 7, 2010 8:44 PM PST

HD Tech,

Thanks for the quick response!

I cannot move up to the latest PC Share Manager because everytime I try the installation fails because it says that a previous version already exists. It also says that this previous version should be uninstalled via Add/Remove in control panel. I have tried this many times but it fails bucause MSI cannot find the delete program.

Can you supply one?

Finally, are you saying that there will not be another firmware update for the LN52A750? I paid a lot of money for this TV and absolutely love the picture but find the software and firmware very primative.

Thanks again for your response!

Tony Hagan

(407) 497-7862 cell

jhagan4@cfl.rr.com

Collapse -
forget it
by gjlloyd70 / February 7, 2010 9:16 PM PST

don't hold your breathe waiting for samsung to release a patch that will make you happy. go to best buy and get a WD Live for $120, it does everything the TV should have done.

Collapse -
LN52A750 Firmware and Software
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 10, 2010 8:56 AM PST

haganton,

The un-install program should be included with the installation. I don't have any additional file to send you, unfortunately.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Cannot uninstall because no uninstall program is available!
by haganton / February 11, 2010 2:49 AM PST

HDTech

The key word in your latest response is "should" The PC Share Manager that was packed with my LN52A750 is level 1.0. The latest according to your web site is 1.5.2. I would like to move up. The down load of PC Share Manager 1.5.2 goes well but fails on the install. The uninstall program is misssing and I am told to go to the ontrol panel and uninstall via Add/Deleye programs. I tried this and it fails for the same reason - - cannot find the uninstall program. I have spent days and days on this.

I have tried manual unistall by downloading highly valued uninstall generic programs. They seem to complete normally, but PC Share Manager 1.5.2 still will not install stating that a prveious version exists and must be uninstalled first. I have gone through and deleted every reference to PC Share Manger in the Reistry and did a serach on the C drive and delted every reference to PC Share Manager. The install of PC Share Manger 1.5.2 still fails for the same reason - - a previous version must be uninstalled first.

I have looked on the CD that was packed for with my LN52A750. It is not on there either.

As stated in an earlier post I am on W7 with alll MS patches applied. Is this HDTV supported on W7?

Please help me and hundreds of other people who have complained about the same problem.

You have already told me that the LN52A750 DLNA is primitive and will remain so because it is a 2008 device. Now must I live with a primitive version of PC Share Manager as well?

I am a customer that has multiple Samsung TV's and believe that I should get better support than this.

Again, please, please help! If there truly is no support for this device could I get a 2010 52" LED as a replacement?

Very best regards,

Tony Hagan

jhagan4@cfl.rr.com

(407) 497-7862 (cell)

Collapse -
Cannot uninstall because no uninstall program is available!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 11, 2010 6:28 AM PST

haganton,

I can't suggest why the uninstall doesn't work. It worked on countless installs I've done here in the office. I wish I could assist, but I can't. Even our service people can't suggest entering your registry for obvious reasons.

Windows 7 came out long after the release of the LN52A750. It may work, or tweaks may be necessary, but it is not officially supported.

Only the service department can negotiate service or replacements.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?