General discussion

Is there an official Java removal tool?

I mean something that comes from Sun/Oracle to remove the previous version of Java
Like now when Java 6 version 22 is out. Something to remove Java 6 version 21

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Is there an official Java removal tool?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Is there an official Java removal tool?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
For Windows?

Sure. I just finished writing an Eclipse install document. We head to the Control Panel and remove it with Add/Remove Programs there.
Bob

- Collapse -
Yes

I use Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit with Vista SP2
I want to unintsall Java 6 Version 21 so I can do a clean install of 6 Version 22'

So is there some sort of removal tool to run from Java? Or just use the good old unintsall from Control Panel?

- Collapse -
Control panel

Just remove it from the control panel and do add and remove programs and find it on the list and press remove

CNET Forums

Forum Info