HolidayBuyer's Guide

Office & Productivity Software forum

General discussion

Is there a way to remove ''Blue Bar'' from word docments?

by LACOOPER / July 3, 2006 4:39 AM PDT

This has been a problem for my colleagues and myself for quite some time. We will email a large amount of text to our boss to be edited. He will, regrettably, open our email in AOL? to make his edits and corrections he will hit reply? and this is when it happens? in AOL, as with several other email clients? the previous message is indented with a nice ?Blue Bar? This is ok, it helps to separate the new from the old. So, everything is ready to go, it's all formatted, you have several nice hyperlinks created, and it's time to send out the final copy- except the left hand column is riddled with broken up blue lines that wont go away! You could remove it by copy and pasting it into notepad, but that will strip it of all the other formatting to. Sometimes, if copied out of the email client for the first time and pasted into MS Word using >>Edit >>Paste Special >>Formatted Text (RTF) it will remove the blue bar and maintain all of the additional formatting. But if the document has been pasted into word with the blue lines, there is almost nothing you can do to remove them without removing all the other formatting as well. Does anyone know of anyway just to delete them from a document one and for all?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is there a way to remove ''Blue Bar'' from word docments?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is there a way to remove ''Blue Bar'' from word docments?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try this, Format>Borders and Shading
by ChuckT / July 3, 2006 6:35 AM PDT

Try this, first select the affected paragraphs,
then select command Format>Borders and Shading
then either just make the Border Setting to None, or
click off the Left Border.

Collapse -
Thank you!
by LACOOPER / July 5, 2006 4:06 AM PDT

Worked like a charm. I had a thought that it would be something along thoes lines, but I wasn't looking in the right place. Thank you again.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.