PC Hardware forum


Is there a way to fix this ???


The problem is that I accidentally tripped over my headphone cord which damaged the front Headphones female jack. Shocked

Is there a way to fix it ? Are those things a sold separately ? I mean the PCB on with everything mounted on it namely two jacks & two usb connectors.

Is there any other way ? Like a workaround or something ?

Please reply.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is there a way to fix this ???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is there a way to fix this ???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Without make and exact model number all I can offer is

In reply to: Is there a way to fix this ???

Collapse -

In reply to: Without make and exact model number all I can offer is

Assembled PC

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X 2 5600+
Graphics : Geforce 9500 Gt Vram 1 GB
Motherboard : msi k9m6pgm2-v2
HDD : Seagate 160 GB
OS : openSUSE 11.4 (64 Bit)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I will try this http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=CX-ICR-021&cat=FLM first as it will cost much less, then I will try to find the usb sound device you have mentioned.
Collapse -
Ahh, a desktop.

In reply to: PC SPECS

While I can't find that motherboard I can bet it has some spare PCI slot which you can then install a normal PCI sound card for (still) very little.

You can look at newegg, frys, geeks.com for such and all the usual 10 buck cards should be fine.

ONE LAST THING. I have to disable the onboard sound card when I install these replacements.

ANOTHER ONE LAST THING. It is possible that we have motherboard connections that we could get some I/O panel to connect to but I fear the lack of information on the board and that no two motherboards seem to get wired up the same may cause that to be far harder than a card or USB sound thing.

Collapse -
New Sound Card ??

In reply to: Ahh, a desktop.

My onboard sound card is working just fine. Its connected to a 2.1 via the rear line out jack.

The problem is with the front panel jack which cam with the cabinet. That one is damaged.

Collapse -
Then you look for a case or something like this.

In reply to: New Sound Card ??


It took many posts to get here. I think this is something your first year electronics tech could fix and maybe a few parts.

Do you have a friend that has the usual solder iron, wire clippers and basic electronic knowledge? If not then you replace the case or card or get a thing like this link.
Collapse -

In reply to: Is there a way to fix this ???

You offer nothing in what that frt. panel is installed on what PC. It all depends on that. If this is some OEM type PC, then order from the maker. -OR- get on eBay and see what's available or 2nd hand market place. If you have space available like an open 3.5/5.25 drive bay, you can even upgrade and install a multimedia setup. Those vary and can be simple or more feature laden, An example like so(or similar):

Collapse -
Thanks for the suggestion

In reply to: Ports

Collapse -
Just ideas

In reply to: Thanks for the suggestion

The same can be found as an USB type ext. box. That box connected to some open USB port or routed from inside allows that ext. box to be usable. As the website Geeks.com provides much what can be had. While your sources are tied to India, etc., I don't see this as too much of a hindrance once found. ------Willy

Popular Forums

Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions


This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.