Forum Feedback & Announcements forum

General discussion

Is there a ribbon

by Dango517 / October 18, 2007 3:23 PM PDT

given to the moderator with the most responses given? Perhaps a little secret waging going on. Ummmmmmmmm. What do you think, maybe $100.00 for the first to reach 100,000.

Current standings

R. Proffitt's 88,025
Marianna Schmudlach 37,108
Roddy32's 29,900

My money is on Proffitt's, at four to one, on back stretch.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is there a ribbon
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is there a ribbon
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Just a little levity
by Dango517 / October 18, 2007 3:30 PM PDT
In reply to: Is there a ribbon
Collapse -
Bob has been around
by PudgyOne / October 19, 2007 6:28 AM PDT

for some time and give some great advice.

Marianna & Roddy do a Superb job in the Virus and Security forum, I mean the Spyware, viruses, & security forum.

I think all the Moderators do a great job and Lee should get them something to show his appreciation for the great job they do.

Special thanks to all Moderators for the great job you're doing.

Rick

Please remember they are NOT paid, it's all volunteer!

Collapse -
(NT) Here, here
by Dango517 / October 19, 2007 11:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Bob has been around
Collapse -
I'm very grateful for the Rolls Royce they sent me.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / October 19, 2007 7:58 PM PDT
In reply to: Here, here

Not too pretentious I think, Devil

Mark

Collapse -
(NT) Just think just 91,925 to go till you get a plane
by Dango517 / October 19, 2007 8:33 PM PDT
Collapse -
I though the airplane
by PudgyOne / October 19, 2007 11:26 PM PDT
In reply to: It's a nice one too!
Collapse -
(NT) Rick...Access was denied for that image. :(
by John.Wilkinson / October 20, 2007 1:19 AM PDT
In reply to: I though the airplane
Collapse -
I tried it first an it did work
by PudgyOne / October 21, 2007 2:33 AM PDT

It was an image of one of those little wooden airplanes that uses a rubber band to propel it. It's cost was 3.99 and I wasn't giving the website for the sale. I clicked on the picture and copied image location.

Go figure. Mark will have to picture it in his head.

Rick

Collapse -
Yea, that's the picture
by PudgyOne / October 22, 2007 4:05 AM PDT
In reply to: for one of these

But when I use copy image location it worked. They have blocked it. It works again. Must be one of those websites that was shutdown for repairs.

Rick

Collapse -
Dango517
by tomron / October 20, 2007 9:33 AM PDT

You mention the "the most responses given",wouldn't the percentage of correct responses as well as the time span factor in.

Why do so many forget about the members contribution.

Collapse -
(NT) Well thank you
by Dango517 / October 20, 2007 11:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Dango517
Collapse -
Some additional comments about your post
by Dango517 / October 20, 2007 8:39 PM PDT
In reply to: Dango517

You forgot length of post. Too short of a post equals, in many instances, no content. No content means poor quality of posts. Is time span or how long a person has been here important? No, I wouldn't consider this important by its self. If you signed up with Cnet at the dawn of time and never used your account; I wouldn't give you credit for it. So, numbers do matter because that means you've been here literally at this site doing something. Do general members as opposed to moderators help people, sure. Are Moderators more important to this forum then regular members? Yes and no. Moderators impose the policies of the forums and set the tone of the site by keeping disputes to a minimum. Past these two basic functions there just members. I would view them like referees in a sporting event. Everyone knows the rules or should, the "ref" is there to see to it that we apply them and keep unsportsmanlike conduct out of the game. What is a bad moderator? One that uses unsportsmanlike conduct in there duties and fails to keep order for all members despite there personal likes and dislike. Is there seniority on Cnet, believe as you like, I say, no. Why, because we all have individual characters, some good, some bad. I'll judge you by that. Does your age matter? yes and no. For some wisdom comes with age, for others, nope. Are educated and experienced professionals more important then self taught computer users here at the forums? Yes and no.

My intent here was to recognize an important achievement "Bobs work" here on Cnet. I think what he has done is amazing and well worth my respect. Are others worthy of respect, yes. Are you, tomron worthy of respect? Only time will tell.

Collapse -
I would like to say
by PudgyOne / October 21, 2007 2:58 AM PDT

I have been here since September 21, 2004.

I still do NOT know everything. I will answer to the posts that I know the answer. I will try to answer posts for others that no one is attempting, if I can find some information on it. There are times when I can go so far, then someone else needs to hop in and join with the rest of the advice, so I'm far from perfect. How many years I've been a member doesn't mean squat. I also have seen members that only post once in a while. They are members of major companies and their advice is very helpful. One told of a diagnostic tool and I tried to search for it and cannot find it.

As for tomron, I find that his information is very helpful to members. He keeps it short and sweet and sent the other members directly to the website where their problem can be resolved without retyping all the information. This can save time. I would have voted for tomron to be the next President but... he wants another gift certificate, just kidding.

I think you can tell by now, who you'd like to have help you. Sometimes members come up with really good solutions to your problems, many times this was the case for me. Moderators also give great advice. You can also tell which members that you wouldn't want to try and help, by the way they start insulting. The best advice for those members is to, Don't reply and let them hang.

Remember the CNET Forums are volunteer Moderators and Members.

If you can help someone else, it gives you a great feeling inside.

When you need help, others are there to help you.

My old boss(now deceased) gave this advice,

You have to give something, for something in return

Rick

Collapse -
So what do I get?
by Dango517 / October 25, 2007 9:00 PM PDT
Collapse -
Dango517... I think you just....
by glenn30 / October 28, 2007 3:21 AM PDT
In reply to: So what do I get?

broke the mold! GrinGrinGrin <<<<at-a-boy !

Glenn

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.