Question

is there a new digital camera with NO wideanglelens, distort

I have a new baby, and recently bought the nikon s9300 to take nice pix of her. We are not photography buffs, just wanted to upgrade from our OLD coolpix. The camera is awesome for nature shots etc, but the wide angle lens makes all our up close pictures SO distorted. I know that i can move away and then zoom in, but in reality i am always laying around with baby taking pix of her at close range. So we are returning the nikon to costco, and are looking for something that DOES NOT HAVE WIDE ANGLE LENS. But they all seem to! Ive tried using the macro mode on the nikon s9300 and its still distorted. And even not super closeups are distorted; like standing 3 feet awat from father in law his head loooks like a crazy conehead if it is in edge on the frame. So annoyed, tired of my precious baby pix looking unrealistic!

What camera should i get to avoid this???? Everything i see at best buy etc says 'wide angle' on the lens. Sad Am i missing simething or what?? HELP SOON, babys growing fast!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: is there a new digital camera with NO wideanglelens, distort
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: is there a new digital camera with NO wideanglelens, distort
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
Perspective Distortion

It's normal for a lens to distort a face when you shoot too close. There is no way to correct it other than to use a longer focal length and back away from the subject.

- Collapse -
Answer
There is some way to work this in post production.

CNET Forums