Question

Is The Source Of This Dialog Box Accessible AND Editable?

When I put in a CD or DVD, a small dialog box pops up on the desktop asking "What do you want Windows to do?" and lists actions I could take including opening various programs, depending on what's on the cd/dvd.
What is this dialog box called? Is it editable, meaning is there a folder, somewhere in windows, containing the names of the programs referred to? I ask because some programs (such as Musicmatch Jukebox) are no longer on my system yet the dialog box offers to open them in response to my putting in a cd/dvd, while programs that I do have and would use are not referred to in the dialog box. If I could edit, I could set things right. Thanks very much for any info you can provide.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Is The Source Of This Dialog Box Accessible AND Editable?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Is The Source Of This Dialog Box Accessible AND Editable?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
This might help
http://www.wikihow.com/Configure-CD-and-DVD-Autoplay-in-Windows-XP

The dialog box you are seeing is the AutoRun dialog. If you are seeing MusicMatch listed then this probably means that some file types are still associated with that software, so you would need to 're-associate' those file types with your preferred application.

But that link might help you do that, for files on removable media at least.

Mark
- Collapse -
(NT) Just what I was looking for; Thanks very much for your help.

CNET Forums