Video Games & Consoles forum

General discussion

Is the Halo 3 Zune worth getting???

by treemen / July 27, 2007 2:05 AM PDT

I was just wondering, seeing I love Halo. I already own an IPOD video, and planned on getting the new one when it is rumoured to come out in August. Then I saw the Halo 3 Zune. I am thinking of getting it, one of the main reasons being all the free content on there and everything. Plus, are you allowed to transfer the music files from itunes to a Zune. Thanks.

treeman

ps: Also thinking of getting that new PSP when it comes out, seeing I don't have one. Would it be better if I didn't buy the Zune to go with the PSP over the new IPOD when it's relased. Thanks

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is the Halo 3 Zune worth getting???
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is the Halo 3 Zune worth getting???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
hmm
by bevillan / July 27, 2007 4:24 AM PDT

Well if I were you I'd avoid the Halo 3 Zune. I'm sure it works just like a regular Zune but the Zune is basically designed with the iPod in mind, minus the clickwheel. Also, going from your thin iPod to the clunky Zune might be tough, especially if you like to carry it in your pocket.

As for the PSP, well I am not a huge fan of it either. Bad disc format, expensive, and poor battery life (the new slim version might improve that though). I think the DS is a better handheld and is alot cheaper.

I'd stick with the iPod.

Collapse -
Zune and PSP
by johnbuker / July 27, 2007 4:44 AM PDT
In reply to: hmm

I don't own a Zune and would avoid it just based on it's overly restrictive DRM.

I love the PSP both as a gaming device and for multimedia. Battery life has never been a problem for me. For gaming I bought an extra battery. For multimedia- the battery life is plenty long if you are playing media off the memory card. Battery life is supposed to be even better on the new models.

(And as far as the DS goes, I own one and it does a good job of collecting dust.)

Collapse -
Zune and PSP
by Jivedaddy / July 27, 2007 6:02 AM PDT

I have both a Zune and PSP and love both of them. If the Zune is for listening to music, radio (digital), and watching videos, you'll love it. I rip all my music from CD's, so DRM doesn't bother me. If you plan on using the Zune Store a lot then you may consider the iPod, it's storefront is MUCH better. But I don't use either, I just buy the CD.

You can also download podcasts to it, just not as easy as subscribing via iTunes.

I really love the bigger screen of the Zune, and the FM digital radio rocks.

The PSP is awesome too, let me know if you have any other questions...

back to work now....

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Does BMW or Volvo do it best?

Pint-size luxury and funky style

Shopping for a new car this weekend? See how the BMW X2 stacks up against the Volvo XC40 in our side-by-side comparison.