Desktops forum

General discussion

Is the Gateway FHD2400 Monitor Good?

I am looking to buy this monitor. Is it good? Do you recommend it? What is good/bad about it?

Thanks for the help!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is the Gateway FHD2400 Monitor Good?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is the Gateway FHD2400 Monitor Good?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Just like others.

In reply to: Is the Gateway FHD2400 Monitor Good?

Collapse -
i've seen it

It is a o.k. monitor. The only reason people buy it is that it is one of the few 24" computer monitors that has a 4 port hub and rca (analog for game stations, vcr play back etc...) What hurts it is that the contrast ratio is only 1000 and has only a 1 year warranty. Find a good Samsung or Lg 24" and you will find a minimum of 3000 contrast ratio and a 3 year warranty. You have to determine if the extra hook-ups are important to you. The new HD 2401 doesn't have the same hook-ups!

Collapse -
Gateway 24"HD monitor

I own the monitor and I love it. " e'cept it is not a 30".
The contrast ratio stated is 1000:1 - All I know is it is bright,
(I'm running it at about 38% and it is still very bright with very deep blacks).
It also has HDMI, DVI, VGA, Component, S-Video, & Composite inputs, along with Digital Sound output from the HDMI source(for the optional sound bar), & the sound bar has Analogue and Digital audio Inputs.
The screen has a max of 1920 X 1200 Pixels per Inch w/ Faroudja video up-converting circuit, and 3ms response time. It shows 1080P easy.
It pivots from landscape to portrait mode, and can rise up and down about 3". You can power it on without turning on your computer, to watch a external source (DVD Player, Video feed, camera feed).
I bought mine from HSN>$899.99 + tax/shipping, with a 1.6 Gb Pentium Dual-Core, 250 Gig HD, DVD Burner, Vista...and it runs like a top!
They still have that same priced deal with a 320 Gig HD.
Gateway sells it by itself for $499.99, but check the tax/shipping/insurance costs, cause when I ordered, if I had gotten it thru them it would have cost me $750.00 delivered> so the package was only $200.00 more WITH the computer. In the stores, at the time, it was going for up to $799.99 by itself!
It has Beautiful color, and I'm very happy with mine.
The only things it lacks is a built in SD/HD tuner, or a remote.
I've 2 DVD Recorders w/ built-in tuners and remotes so that is not a problem. Soon to get a HD Tuner w/HDMI.
This thing is a beauty!!!
And I do'nt work for or sell for Gateway.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.