Laptops forum

General discussion

is the...

by koolman51 / April 7, 2007 8:57 PM PDT

toshiba A135-S4487 a good laptop choice?whats a good laptop choice for atleast $550-$750?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: is the...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: is the...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I like mine.
by Igiveup2 / April 9, 2007 7:25 AM PDT
In reply to: is the...

It's tempting to just say yes, get it, however, we know nothing of your criteria. There could also be a good machine for you from HP, Lenovo, or Dell depending on what you're willing to spend and what your needs are.

Collapse -
ummm.....
by koolman51 / April 9, 2007 8:21 AM PDT
In reply to: I like mine.

just basic media and web browsing.i like the style of laptops that toshiba makes Happy im willing to spend only $500-$600 now because im on a budget.

Collapse -
For comparison.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 9, 2007 8:26 AM PDT
In reply to: ummm.....

My dad has the 17inch version but only a Core Duo, 1GB RAM and the 120GB hard disk. His is in that model line and the nice part about it is he doesn't call me for support. It just works.

Nice unit.

Bob

Collapse -
eh...
by koolman51 / April 9, 2007 2:23 PM PDT
In reply to: For comparison.

im thinking of getting the one with the pentium dual core,80gb hard drive,512mb of ram(will be upgraded), Happy whenever my dad wants to stop hesitating to buying my laptop >.<

Collapse -
If you've found.......
by Igiveup2 / April 9, 2007 5:02 PM PDT
In reply to: eh...

a laptop with a core duo processor from Toshiba in that price range, that would be a deal. I would make upgrading the RAM a priority. 512 MB RAM will be slow with even Vista home basic. Some other brands might offer more features in that price range, but I would feel more confident about quality with Toshiba.

Collapse -
yes..
by koolman51 / April 9, 2007 5:10 PM PDT
In reply to: If you've found.......

I love the quality toshiba offers in its laptops

Collapse -
HP might also be worth a look in that range.
by Igiveup2 / April 9, 2007 6:29 PM PDT
In reply to: yes..

But that's really up to you.

Collapse -
What is this with 512MB I see 2GB on this model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 9, 2007 9:42 PM PDT
In reply to: If you've found.......
Collapse -
Graphics
by ankitvjain / April 10, 2007 4:22 AM PDT

The only problem with Toshiba is they give bad grpahic cards(i.e. intel)

Collapse -
How is that?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 10, 2007 4:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Graphics

I used my dad's recently and web games, DVD and much more worked just fine. It was very nice.

Can you be more specific how they are bad?

Bob

Collapse -
its just in the...
by koolman51 / April 11, 2007 3:52 PM PDT
In reply to: How is that?

price range my friend.the cheaper the worse the graphics get.R.Proffitt's dad probably got a high end one hearing about the configuration his dad has

Collapse -
GMA 950
by Igiveup2 / April 12, 2007 2:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Graphics

Shared memory GPU adequate for mainstream uses, but not high end games or other applications requiring fast, sophisticated 3-d rendering. It's on vitually all Satellite series units up to the $1600.00 range. Some competitors introduce dedicated graphics memory at a lower price point. Just one of those decisions.....

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!