General discussion

Is new forum changes complete

Is the forum complete as to all the changes that will be made.
There are items that are not the same as the old Jive

These are small items but wondering whether they are my computer or forum incomplete items

Thanks

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Is new forum changes complete
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Is new forum changes complete
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
No, far from it...

The changes for Phase I have been rolled out, but there are bugs to correct later this month and many more changes coming in Phase II. Phase I was mostly back-end changes to facilitate the new features, and new look, that will be appearing in the coming months.

Stay tuned. Happy
John

P.S. If you're experiencing any specific issues, please let us know.

- Collapse -
Issue

John

When I open a post and use next unread to navigate.
If the unread thread is in the middle of the post there are no way to return to the top of the post or the forum without scrolling up or down to find back to forum

Example being new for changes in feedback which has 60 + post if I end up on 35 I have no way but scrolling to return

Sv&s updates 10/10/2010 thread 9 of 18. Jive had return to top along with next unread so you could return to top and then to forum.

Thanks
Ray

- Collapse -
Ah, I requested that be removed...

I believe I had that one removed, arguing that the "Return to Top" link added extra bulk, was not frequently used, and unnecessarily duplicated browser functionality. Before I get flogged for that, though, let me note that you can press Ctrl + Home to return to the top of any page; that's a standard shortcut that nearly all browsers support.

If I've had any other desired functionality removed, please let me know. I'll be staying at Mark's until the heat dies down. Wink

John

- Collapse -
My doors are LOCKED!
Devil

Mark

CNET Forums

Forum Info