Question

Is my mp3 player supposed to hiss on my phone?

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> <span id="INSERTION_MARKER"> I have a Samsung galaxy europa 15500 and I noticed the mp3 player has a slight hiss most noticeable in quiet music and what's more, when you pause you can hear a whirring/static sound that takes a couple of seconds to stop. I wonder is this normal for an mp3 player on phone costing about 150 dollars? Could it be the application used to play the music? My headphones are fine, I used them with an old ipod.<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">

<span id="INSERTION_MARKER">Thanks a lot

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: Is my mp3 player supposed to hiss on my phone?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Is my mp3 player supposed to hiss on my phone?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
I have to write yes.

I hear that in a lot of content that was has that sound in the originals.

- Collapse -
Answer
and more again

I was just listening again - it is really poor. when the volume is low or off, the hiss is really like interference you might hear on a radio - hissing and whining. you have turn up the volume more than half way to not hear it. maybe ipods are a major cut above mp3s on phones like this.

- Collapse -
That's a fine clue to a solution.

If this is true and it's at the low output area of the phone/thing's amplifier region we can add an inline volume adjust to our headphones and let the amplifier run in it's happy zone then adjust the volume down in our headset.

Here's one I own -> http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=HM803-BP&cat=SPK

Bob

CNET Forums