General discussion

Is it worth me upgrading to an iphone????

I currently own a Sony Ericsson w995a and like it, however it might be time to buy a new phone. I also own an ipod touch (1st gen) and I love it, so is it worth upgrading to an iphone or should i just upgrade my ipod to a newer model and why??
i am currently living in New Zealand and prices here are not cheap, I paid $600NZ/$430US for my SE, A 16gb 3gs iphone retails for $1179NZ/$840US. I really love the iphone but is it really worth upgrading?? I am trying to wait for the next hardware update.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Is it worth me upgrading to an iphone????
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Is it worth me upgrading to an iphone????
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
That depends

Can you live without having all the apps on your phone? If so, and you find yourself near wifi already, perhaps the touch would suffice.

To be brutally honest, this is an extremely subjective subject. Your preferences aren't mine and vice versa. The economics alone of high cost of electronics where you live seem to be steering you in at least one direction though Wink.

- Collapse -

I love the apps available but I think I can live without having them on my phone. the only reason I never bought an iphone was the price tag.
However I dont think I could go without the apps altogether, haha.
I just cant decide wether to just replace my ipod with a newer gen or go for an iphone.
At home we have wifi and usually have access to wifi where I go, so there is no problem accessing the web.
What could change in the next gen ipod touch?? Would it be worth upgrading??
Thanks

- Collapse -
Probably more storage space & possibly, a camera (n/t)

n/t

CNET Forums

Forum Info