General discussion

IS IT POSSIBLE???

using a windowxp pro os... with plenty of ram stick
with onboard audio and a soundblaster pci card... now is it possible to use two soundcards at once.. now the reason im asking is because i have two separate inputs specifically for mic..i'd like to record simultaneously... guitar and voice.... now ive tried the splitter and it really degrades the signal... as we know with a splitter we get half the channel... by the way i am using a soundblaster live 5.1 ... with line in mic in headphone and line out ... any ideas ? thankyou kindly

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: IS IT POSSIBLE???
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: IS IT POSSIBLE???
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
IS IT POSSIBLE???

NO! You will have decide on one sound card.
You could get an externial audio mixer to mix the audio then send it to the line input.
Or get a pro type sound card like the M-Audio Delta44 which has 4 line inputs. John

- Collapse -
weird cuz

in my sound settings in windows xp it says "choose which sound device" and theres more than one listed to choose per application... lol thats why i asked

- Collapse -
Yes it is possible but...

CNET Forums

Forum Info