Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

General discussion

is cou down?

im getting a 404 page Apache error

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: is cou down?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: is cou down?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Yep. I PM'd Peter

In reply to: is cou down?

from one of my other forums about an hour ago but no answer yet. he may not be getting the PM notice though because i think he uses the Dozleng e-mail address.

Collapse -
(NT) thank you

In reply to: Yep. I PM'd Peter

Collapse -
(NT) now a blank page

In reply to: Yep. I PM'd Peter

Collapse -
I have no idea what is

In reply to: now a blank page

going on. I can't get ahold of anybody except for Ray and he is having the same problem there as us and also can not do anything about it. I an going to try an alterante e-mail address for Donna besides her dozleng one but I don't think she has been online for a few days. Peter is the one that would know what is going on though. He controls the software. I think this is a host problem though but I'm not sure.

Collapse -
just got this error

In reply to: I have no idea what is

IPS Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

Collapse -
Yes Mark, I know. You are going

In reply to: just got this error

to have to be patient. It will get fixed eventually.

Collapse -
Progress

In reply to: just got this error

This was NOT planned so I don't know what happened yet.

This is the message there now.

"The Calendar of Updates/Dozleng.com websites are temporarily offline for database and server migration. We should return shortly.

The COU team."

Collapse -
Thanks Rod for attending this thread

In reply to: Progress

Mark, we are having database issue. It's unexpected and hope we recover soon.
Should be back when all is done as Peter (aka ColdinCbus who handle the database maintenance) is trying to recover the database.

Collapse -
CoU down is a downer !

In reply to: Thanks Rod for attending this thread

I am glad you checked in Donna, I was worried you might have dumped us all.
If any address changes need to occur check in here with them please or else it would take me a week to find on my own.
Hope there was no major data/posts lost.

Collapse -
Hi Fortress. There was a lot of stuff lost

In reply to: CoU down is a downer !

but it is being rebuilt now. The calendar is about ready and once a few more things are fixed, the website will be back on line. Happy

Collapse -
Welcome to CNET FortressX!

In reply to: CoU down is a downer !

>>I was worried you might have dumped us all.

That's impossible to happen. Even if I have to leave CoU... CoU will stay under the team's care Wink

>>Hope there was no major data/posts lost.
There was but we have working database that Peter succeeded in restoring which is great. We will try to rebuild again with the help of the team. Sorry for the trouble.

Collapse -
(NT) CoU is back :)

In reply to: is cou down?

Collapse -
Danged if its not ;)

In reply to: CoU is back :)

Columns format easier to read also... maybe something good came of this after all. Grin

Glenn

Collapse -
It shows the same for me as

In reply to: Danged if its not ;)

it always has Glenn. You can change the view at the bottom left side of the page where is says "Calendar navigation". I prefer "Monthly" but some prefer "weekly". You can change it back and forth until you get the view you want and it should remember that view for you. It has been that way for a long time now, that's not new.

Collapse -
Roddy, I think I may have

In reply to: It shows the same for me as

left a misconception of what I see different.

It is the list under a date that is now clearer and seems easier to read... the different items do not mush together. Maybe its me seeing differently. That is what I had reference too... now I'm finding it easier to review a particular column and date.

Hope I did not create a lot of confusion. Wink

Glenn

Collapse -
OK I understand now. That is

In reply to: Roddy, I think I may have

because the titles are no longer bolded like they wereI think but Peter may change that back to the way it was. We took a vote a while back on that and most people wanted them bolded so I don't know if he will change that back or not. It hasn't come up for discussion yet since we have been back.

Collapse -
Thanks for explanation...

In reply to: OK I understand now. That is

My vote is to leave it this way... but I know that I have no vote. It was so much easier to read that couldn't help but notice the difference.

Can live with whatever it is. I usually visit COU at least once a day.

Glenn

Collapse -
I will pass that along. I have

In reply to: Thanks for explanation...

no idea what he is going to do with that but if they have another vote, I will let you know Glenn.

Collapse -
Thanks for that suggestion/feedback Glenn

I also like that it is not 'bold font'.
That's 2 votes now Grin

Collapse -
John L. Galt from CoU here....

And I vote no bold faced titles either.

Collapse -
(NT) Hi John, good to see you here at CNET :)

In reply to: John L. Galt from CoU here....

Collapse -
Glenn, there are now 5 votes

at CoU to leave the font on the calendar the way it is. You might get your wish. Happy

Collapse -
WOW! Such special treatment! Thanks

In reply to: Glenn, there are now 5 votes

to everyone for the consideration... especially all the COU members. I can live with whatever is decided. Grin

Glenn

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.