settings when using CCleaner (which I love).

One of it's options is defaulted to "only clean Windows Temp files older than...." You can uncheck this option and it will wipe ALL Windows Temps each time you run it. Normally less than 5 seconds except FIRST run which can take awhile as often 100's of megs need initial cleaning. This "uncheck" is also used when an infection has located itself in Temp files as a base to operate from. By deleting contents, you remove such infections (Like Java-Byte Verify).
You may recheck this box for normal cleaning operation if desired.

Note: If you have multiple desktops on your machine, CCleaner should be run on EACH desktop to clean that profiles' items. This avoids possible cleaning of each others files by error. Cleaning settings can be set individually for each desktop by clicking it's CCleaner Icon.

Note: If you have "log-on" cookies you want to keep, they can be selected to be missed during cleaning >Options>Cookies.

CC Free Help Forums & Support: http://www.ccleaner.com/help

Help file (descriptions of items to be cleaned) to print out (click left side Cleaner Information):
http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/ccleanerbeginnersguide/

I suggest MILDER than default setting for normal use. NOTHING checked on front page Windows Tab under "ADVANCED".

Use EXTREME caution when considering using "ISSUES" registry clean-up!
Example: You may have numerous disabling setting changes done for good reason (particularly apps w/ security holes)which will show up as "wrong app path". If you fix, those items you killed will be live again!!

Anything that's "Temp" can normally be removed safely.
I occasionally do clean various log files etc. Important on first cleaning as there may be years worth accumulated slowing things down BUT after that I uncheck some of those and allow to rebuild for some time.

I found a defrag after first use helpful IF huge amounts were cleaned to recover the space. More important for us "older"system users without mega-Gig HD .

You may NOT want to clean service pack un-installers, as if you do, you won't be able to un-install if they cause serious trouble. Same for system events log as it's where you'd look to find what is crashing to figure a fix. Use common sense & you'll be fine. Happy