The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Is Buzz being too soft on Apple?

by forsyda / May 2, 2007 2:36 AM PDT

I love Apple products and the innovation and pure sexiness that Apple has always delivered to the market. That said, I'm sensing a bit of an appologist approach to stories where Apple is concerned. If the story concerns a Windows security hole, another Sony PR problem or something of the sort then the Buzz team is all over them. But when it is an Apple issue the trend seems to be to minimize it or make excuses. Recent stories concerning Leopard's release date being pushed out, iPhone battery questions and MACBook battery problems seem to be laughed off.

Sexy and innovative as their products are, it's time to apply the same standards to Apple product issues as you do so well with Microsoft, Sony, Dell, HP . . . .(i.e. everybody but Apple).

Could it be that this is all part of an ingenious plot to drive Molly to the boiling point so that when she returns she hits the podcast like a sunami of rightious indignation? I hope so.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Is Buzz being too soft on Apple?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Is Buzz being too soft on Apple?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
well...
by mc4_a / May 2, 2007 2:40 AM PDT

I'll be glad when Molly is back. She tends to be a little more even handed with these issues.

Collapse -
lol
by Kokoro-Kun / May 2, 2007 3:47 AM PDT

it's not exactly that.

it's just that V is way too soft on Apple. and Tom's too soft on V (sometimes) I like Tom vs Molly more.

without Molly, nobody rants on Apple.

I remember a podcast when someone called in about Apple giving out a coupon and then taking it back. And all V could say is "At least they were nice about it"??

WHAAAT?

That's all I'm gonna say.

Collapse -
Everone Loves the Underdog
by Renegade Knight / May 2, 2007 5:25 AM PDT

Apply has long been the underdog in the world of computing. People like the Underdog and want to see them succede. If they do..well then things change.

Collapse -
Apple the underdog is a misnomer
by nutjob / May 2, 2007 8:15 AM PDT

Saying Apple is the underdog is like saying Verizon is the underdog or that AM radio is the underdog. It is all about perception on who is the competition. M$ is not Apple's (except ipod/zune) competition - Dell, HP, and Gateway are Apple's competition.

If it is about the underdog, why aren't people rooting for Sansa, Dell, or Creative. It is more about being in the Apple Clic/Cult or just disliking M$.

Collapse -
interesting topic
by iamdday / May 2, 2007 7:35 AM PDT

i have noticed this also, they do seem to go a little bit easier on apple

Collapse -
whoops
by forsyda / May 2, 2007 9:31 PM PDT

One of those things that hits you just as you're falling asleep....it's apologist and tsunami.

A pox on the 70's education system.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?