General discussion

Is buydig.com legit??

I was about to purchase the Casio P505 from buydig.com.(I know it's being discontinued but I like it)
It has the lowest price anywhere. What really convinced me was the $100 rebate. When I called to verify the rebate, no one picked up the phone. This didn't give me confidence. Is this a decent site? Thanks.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Is buydig.com legit??
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Is buydig.com legit??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Often noted as problem areas.

1. Rebates. Don't count on them to deliver that. Said rebate may be from someone else. No details = iffy.

2. Lowest price can be done by omitting battery, straps, lens cover, etc. The fun begins when you get exactly what you ordered. A camera. Some shops don't tell you you only get the camera.

bob

- Collapse -
buydig.com

Thank you, Bob. Have you had such an experience with them? They do let you send it all back within 10 days.
You must be right on about the rebate thing --it is very deciving on the page b/c I suspect you have to buy something else with the camera to get the rebate.
Not sure what to do!
KA

- Collapse -
Sorry no.

I stick to places such as newegg, geeks, bestbuy, staples, tiger, fry's and such since I don't want to try out the lowest price leader. I let others do that.

Bob

- Collapse -
Oh well

thanks alot! J&R is also very good and very reliable nad they match prices!

- Collapse -
Good experiences

Probably a bit late, but I've ordered from them twice, no annoying follow-up "verification/sales pitch" phonecalls and both times, the items came before promised. Not usually the lowest price but they were straight both times.

- Collapse -
thanks

I think they ARE the lowest price (that I've found!)

- Collapse -
not true

buydig.com has a speical feature "what's in the box" so they tell u exactly what your gonna get. This site is not like the other "some shops" u mentained.

buydig.com is a legit site. I purchased from them before and didnt have any problems

- Collapse -
thanks!

thank you!!

- Collapse -
Paid Posting

Karen,

Be wary of the possibility of 'paid posters' - people who either work for the company being discussed and are posting to boost ratings, and/or previous customers who have been offered a buck or two to put in a good rating or review. While I'm not saying anyone here in particular is doing such a thing; just be conscious of it as a semi-common practice amongst these lower eschelon digital stores.

How can you tell? Well, in some cases, it can be as simple as your ABC's ... know what I mean?

Best,
M

- Collapse -
I do wonder

Thank you. I had wondered about this. I still haven't bought. I don't know what to do. I really don't think I can tell anyway.

- Collapse -
One site I can vouch for.

Karen: Try www.bhphotovideo.com. I have been their customer for over two years. Their prices are fair, their mdse top drawer,and their customer service and shipping departmentA+.

- Collapse -
thank you

I have heard of them, thank you. I hadn't checked their prices.

- Collapse -
buydig.com is legit.

I have purchased from Buydig twice: once in 04 and once this christmas. Yes, the price was the lowest. And yes, the cameras did come complete with batteries, neckstrap etc. And yes, the cameras are properly imported with a full USA warranty. And yes, the cameras were new and not remanufactured or something. Each time, there was no funny business and the cameras arrived promptly.

Rebates are usually from the mfr, not from Buydig, and so it depends on the mfr. to honor it.

- Collapse -
encouraginggindeed!

Thanks for that, I'm very encouraged. I ended up not going for it after I tried customer service yet again and it was busy. I appreciate your letting me know.I don't think I can depend on the rebate.
KA

- Collapse -
Buydig

Although I have not used buydig.com, I compared their prices for 3 or 4 items I am salivating over with prices at dealers I have used and find them comparable.
Their certifications are impressive.

Most of these dealers are set up for you to order on line. In fact, there is a notice on the Buydig site that the phones are closed till Jan 2.

You can still order via the net.

Glenn

- Collapse -
buydig.com

thanks glenn. I should have asked you what you thought of the casio P505 since I am also a fan of the Canon S2 IS but it was so big I decided to get something that fits in my purse. The casio has been discontinued I think (heard it at a few stores and those that are out aren't getting any more). I am still hesitating...now I feel like the prices may go down again after the first of the year...maybe...

- Collapse -
BuyDig.com is legit in my experience.

I can only relay my experience with BuyDig.
I purchased a Canon 20D from them last spring, '05. They had a very good price, not the cheapest. However I got excellent service. Came in two days, USA, with full warranty, all parts that were supposed to be included and return rights.
Last fall I purchased a Canon 100-400IS lens from them. Again not the best price, very competitive. Arrived in two days. All parts included, with full USA warranty.
Purchases were fairly expensive. I am quite satisfied.I would highly recommend this company.
There is also Buy.com. I don't believe they are related.
Good luck.

- Collapse -
no problems in the past.

I have bought things from them in the past, never had a problem. In most cases, when I chose free shipping, I recieved the stuff earlier then the specified amount of time.

I don't know where these people that give negative feedback get their info from.

They are highly ranked on every review site that I ever visited. Bizrate gave them a "circle of excelence" award. Check for yourself. But like any other place, when you get over 100000 reviews there will always be some dissatisfied customers.

http://www.bizrate.com/ratings_guide/cust_reviews__mid--24992,prerd--1.html

- Collapse -
Low priced camera vendors

You might consider Beach Cmaera. I have purchased a half dozen digital cameras from them over the past two years with no complaints or concerns. Delivery has always been exceedingly prompt. For these reasons, and because their prices typically are among the lowest I have been able to find on the net, I no longer bother to even seek price comparisons when considering a new purchase.

- Collapse -
beach

thank you--I'm going to look right now!
KA

- Collapse -
beach take 2

I just looked it up and Buydig.com has Beach beat by $21. Maybe in the future you should compare between the two! I know I will. Thank you again.
KA

CNET Forums

Forum Info