Computer Help forum

General discussion

IRS forms

Hi computer world. Boy, this is not my day. Wife trying to run off some IRS forms and everything calls for Adobe. I have the program but how do I get my IRS files into the Adobe program for printing. Dumb questions right, but your listening to a 'newbie'. Thanks for reading and hopefully helping. Dave

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IRS forms
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IRS forms
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Adobe..

In reply to: IRS forms

I assume you are talking about the Adobe Reader. Open the reader; in the upper left corner click on file; click on open; either key in the full path to where you downloaded the .pdf or "browse" to it. Highlight it and click 'open'. The reader should load it in for viewing. If there is no "print" button, click on file again, look for 'print' and click on that and follow it through. Good Luck!

and life goes on...

Jack

Collapse -
Additional information...

In reply to: Adobe..

In addition to what Jack said, I'd like to note a couple of things:

* If you've downloaded the file to your computer you should be able to open in it Adobe Reader just by double-clicking on it.

* The default location for Adobe Reader is ''C:\Program Files\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\'' with the program name being ''AcroRd32''.

* You can actually open the document directly from your browser. (Clicking on the link to a PDF will automatically load in in your browser.) To enable this feature, open Adobe Reader, go edit->preferences, select Internet from the right, and check the box next to ''Display PDF in Browser.'' If you want it to load faster you can check the box next to ''Allow fast web view,'' which launches a helper object in the background when you start your computer. From then on the loading of Adobe's browser helper will be much faster.

* The IRS actually allows you to fill in the forms using Adobe Reader. Just open the file to view it, then use the mouse to place a typing cursor at a blank line..type in your data, print it out, and sign it. I've found this very convenient and much more readable.

Hope this helps,
John

P.S. When you open a PDF in your browser automatically, the file is saved to a temp folder on your computer. If you want to save it for future use you should go file->save as and keep a copy in the location of your choice.

Collapse -
IRS forms help!

In reply to: Additional information...

John: Thanks for the help, sounds like I need to learn more about my 'puter'. By the way, how do I print this info. from the Cnet page. Didn't work first time I tried. Auf Wiedersehen, Dave.

Collapse -
Printing Cnet Info.

In reply to: IRS forms help!

Sorry, I must have jumped the gun. Second attempt printing worked fine. Thanks again.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Froh k

In reply to: Printing Cnet Info.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) We send ours in electronically...quicker refund

In reply to: Additional information...

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.