General discussion

IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL

I have searched CNET and other forums on the net with no luck. None of the many IRQ NLOE threads I have found cover my specific situation.

I am running Windows XP on a hand-me-down HP Kayak PC that will not boot up except in safe mode. I should mention that I added a slave drive a couple of months ago, since the master drive was down to 3 percent free space, and I had run out of files and programs to shed.

I do not believe the new drive is the problem, since the computer was OK until a couple of days ago when I started trying to transfer system files from the master to the slave.

Any suggestions out there?

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
PS

I should also have specified the error code--

STOP; 0X0000000A[0X00000004, 0X00000002, 0X00000001, 0X804E43ACool

--which might help.

- Collapse -
Re: error

Transferring system files from the master to the slave.

Without knowing the details that seems a bad idea. Only transfer user files to the slave, not system files.

Things to try now:
- sfc /scannow. See for example: http://www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html
- repair install of Windows XP
- clean install of Windows XP

Kees

- Collapse -
IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL

Thnx Kees. I am in pursuit.....

News at 11.

CNET Forums

Forum Info