Speakeasy forum

General discussion

IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon,which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq.

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages...?

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !

This is a ribbon for soldiers fighting in Iraq.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hey, David!!

In reply to: IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

Nice to see you around Happy

I thought I had seen this before, and I did a check on it at Urban Legends & Folklore. Turns out it isn't exactly true. HOWEVER, it sure does sound nice! Happy

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_quran_911.htm

Take care of yourself,
Any new movie parts coming up?

--Marcia/Oregon

Collapse -
Re: Hey, David!!

In reply to: Hey, David!!

just finished a 3 day on BattleStar Gallactica with Mary Mc. Donnell and Richard Hatch. Episode 11.

real tight closeups with Mary Mc.Donnell. you may remember her from 'Independance Day'.

will post more details as to show times etc. when they become avialable.

also did Edison with Kevin Spacey and Morgan Freeman.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Hey, David!!

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: Hey, David!!

that is the episode I am in. yu will see me as a delegate in the council meeting seated next to Richard [Streets of San Francisco] Hatch.

he stands up and does some lines and also is right behind me dialogueing with the very dignitaries that I have just shaken hands with.

you will also see me later standing just below Mary Mc.Donnell as she speechyfies.

I spoke with her a couple of times and even though she is a very big star at least judgeing by the number of references in Google, I found her to be a fantastic and very strong person.

I think she liked me too because it was her idea to the Director to have me start the shot with the dignitary line up preceding Richard.

It is episode 11 and I am trying to determine when it will air.

Auditioned this am for a new show called 2 for the money.

have to wait for Director decision on that one.

Collapse -
Re: IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

Maybe you could find a link. I checked the Koran here, here and here and none of them agreed with the verse you quoted. I even tried searching them for the word 'eagle' but had no luck.

Collapse -

In reply to: Re: IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

it came to me, i posted because the words about the American Eagle were so powerful.

no reasearch, no links.

just a lot of emotion about what the brave ones are doing in Iraq, following as they must, the words of their C-in-C.

Collapse -

Surah">http://www.ummah.com/what-is-islam/quran/noble/nobae009.htm]Surah 9:11 "But if they repent, perform As-Sal

Collapse -

please have a look at my response to Clay.

believe it covers the points you raise?

Collapse -
Your interest in American Eagle...

My interest in "correcting" what's been distorted...
:
:
:
:
:
:
Fair enough....
:
:
:
I prefer the Falcon Happy

Collapse -
Re: Your interest in American Eagle...

In reply to: Your interest in American Eagle...

both birds 'swoop' on their prey or when they feel the little insignificant thing threatens them?

believe you now refer to it as ' Homeland Security?'

either way, a threat to America, is a threat to all our FREEDOM as we know it....

david

Collapse -
Re: Your interest in American Eagle...

In reply to: Re: Your interest in American Eagle...

Not that it was a good analogy anyway, but it's very common to see a larger raptor chased off by two or three noisy, but much smaller birds.

Dan

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

GRAMMYS 2019

Here's Everything to Know About the 2019 Grammys

Find out how to watch the Grammy Awards if you don't have cable and more.