Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Iraq breaking the bank

by kmarchal / January 23, 2006 10:52 PM PST

The work is not done in Iraq, and the financial costs will grow beyond the $251 billion we have spent so far...
breaking the bank

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Iraq breaking the bank
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Iraq breaking the bank
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
The message seemed to be otherwise
by Dragon / January 24, 2006 10:30 AM PST
In reply to: Iraq breaking the bank

and argues about how small our expenditures have been in Iraq compared to other wars as a percentage of GDP. I would agree that it isnt chicken feed...

Collapse -
Also,
by duckman / January 24, 2006 10:40 AM PST

money well spent. One of the FEW things Congress should be allowed to pay for

Collapse -
I think the war on terror is gonna last awhile
by Dragon / January 24, 2006 10:59 AM PST
In reply to: Also,
Rumsfeld said that debate about war is not new. He referenced a book by Winston Churchill in which Churchill said, in effect, "The problem is not winning the war, but persuading people to let you win it."

We've talked earlier about how many young people get killed at home -- thousands and thousands. Yet people are more averse to hearing about them getting killed if its in another country, even if its from a dumb vehicle accident. Here's a quick-n-dirty search.

5000+ pedestrians killed by cars and 100,000 seriously injured. "If you live to age 65, as many as 2795000 people will die in the United States from automobile accidents during your lifetime." And I wonder if that second one includes pedestrians?
Collapse -
Will most likely
by duckman / January 24, 2006 11:13 AM PST

last "forever"

Collapse -
Iranians and Palestinians
by Dragon / January 24, 2006 11:15 PM PST
In reply to: Will most likely

Looks like things are going downhill in those countries. Also, I read recently about drug lords taking up residence in federal parks along the border. I think I'd probably label them terrorists.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

CNET FORUMS TOP DISCUSSION

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?