General discussion

Iran Votes to Block Nuclear Inspections

TEHRAN, Iran

Parliament approved a bill Sunday requiring the government to block international inspections of its atomic facilities if the U.N. nuclear monitoring agency refers Iran to the Security Council for possible sanctions.

The bill was approved by 183 of the 197 lawmakers present at the session, which was broadcast live on state-run radio. The vote came four days before the International Atomic Energy Agency board meets to consider referring Tehran for violating a nuclear arms control treaty.

When the bill becomes law, as is expected, it will strengthen the government's hand in resisting international pressure to abandon uranium enrichment, a process that can be used to produce fuel for nuclear reactors or an atomic bomb.

The United States accuses Iran of trying to build a nuclear weapon. Iran says its program is for generating electricity.

The bill will go to the Guardian Council, a hard-line constitutional watchdog, for expected ratification.

here we go again 12 more yrs of the un ratleing its paper sword.
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2005/11/20/D8E0B9IO0.html

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Iran Votes to Block Nuclear Inspections
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Iran Votes to Block Nuclear Inspections
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Is the UN free to

inspect any nuclear facility in the US or in Israel at any time?

- Collapse -
Here's the deal
Blinded by the Bomb

The June decision was followed in July with a more explicit nuclear deal, in which the Bush administration agreed to overturn US and international regulations that have for decades restricted India?s access to uranium, the raw material for both nuclear fuel and nuclear weapons. For its part, India will separate its military and civil nuclear facilities and programmes and will volunteer its civil facilities for inspection by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA). The US has not asked India to halt the production of nuclear weapons material as part of the deal; India is unlikely to do so. Access to the international uranium market would allow India to free up more of its domestic uranium for a significant expansion of its nuclear weapons capabilities. India?s options could, for example, include building a third nuclear reactor to make plutonium for more weapons; beginning to make highly-enriched uranium for weapons; or making fuel for the nuclear submarine it has been trying to build for decades.

Pakistan has now asked for the same deal from the United States.

The US and other countries are "picking and choosing" which countries can have nuclear weapons.

Pakistan and India are neighbours of Iran. Pakistan and India are supported by the US. Iran is not supported by the US.

The "prime directive " has been violated
- Collapse -
remember

whos threating the world what peacefull country has threatened the iseralis. do you need a hint?
think about it.
you all said same b4 iraq 12 yrs waited.

shame you never learn, chamberline would be proud

- Collapse -
Your the one

that says Israel can take care of itself

- Collapse -
yes and if they dont pay atention to worlds opinion

as we all now how the world looks on iseral

- Collapse -
And if you don't see any difference

between the USA and Israel on one side and Iran, Korea, Libya, Iraq on the other, you really have a major issue with facts. This is not a conservative or liberal issue nor is it a democratic or republican issue. So I hope those people that usually do not see eye to eye with each other will agree that it is Iran that has threatened to 'wipe Israel off the earth' and not the other way round.
Israel has never threatened to use nuclear weapons and has not even acknowledged she posseses them. Your attempt to equate the two are very poor at best and full of hatred and bias at worst.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) you pegged tibbs for whom she suupports
- Collapse -
I have a theory about tibbs, I want to wait and see if I am

right

- Collapse -
I know I said I wanted to dispense with nonsubstantive posts

But the posts by hh and Mark are clearly personal attacks on Tibbs, despite how insidious and sneaky they are.

- Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Please show me all the attacks you talk about
- Collapse -
Do the moderators allow this kind of stuff?

hh: "Your attempt to equate the two are very poor at best and full of hatred and bias at worst." Talk about a post is hateful.

- Collapse -
I don't know what your problem is

But your constant attempt to have my posts removed shows how desperate you are. I don't believe I have made any personal attacks on anyone, unlike you, who is constantly nitpicking all the posts you don't like or agree with and trying to have them taken off. I think the moderators will agree that I keep my discussions at a civil level.

- Collapse -
This might clarify things
LINK
Israel did not sign the Nonproliferation Treaty (NPT).

Today, the NPT is a worldwide treaty that bans all members except the United Kingdom, China, France, Russia, and the United States from having nuclear weapons and commits those five states to eventually eliminating their atomic arsenals. The US and Russia have already gotten rid of some of their weapons thanks to Ronald Reagan and GHW Bush.

Okay?

CNET Forums

Forum Info