Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Iran voluntarily quits Nuclear program

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Iran voluntarily quits Nuclear program
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Iran voluntarily quits Nuclear program
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: Iran voluntarily quits -- only 'temporarily,' they say,

In reply to: Iran voluntarily quits Nuclear program

though let's hope that's just to save face domestically...

-- Dave K, Speakeasy Moderator
click here to email semods4@yahoo.com

The opinions expressed above are my own,
and do not necessarily reflect those of CNET!

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Two thumbs up!

Collapse -
This is good news. Perhaps........

pictures coming from across the border helped make believers of Iran, too.

Collapse -
IF they're telling the truth

In reply to: This is good news. Perhaps........

It's all well and good for them to say so, but are they willing to submit to inspections, etc.?

Collapse -
Re: IF they're telling the truth

In reply to: IF they're telling the truth

and inspected by who? the useless un who if told no look there wont

Collapse -
Re: IF they're telling the truth

In reply to: Re: IF they're telling the truth

They could be telling the Truth, and lying in their teeth simultaneously. Nuclear reactors create Plutonium out of U238. Some of this Plutonium gets burned in the reactor, but some is left behind in the spent fuel rods. Pull the rods, and the Plutonium is CHEMICALLY seperable from the Uranium, a relatively much simpler process than Uranium enrichment. So, with no Uranium enrichment ability, they buy enriched Uranium fuel rods (from the French, Germans, and Russians), use them, extract the Plutonium: eh voila Nuclear Fissle Material suitable for bombs.

Collapse -
They're telling the truth.

The intelligence agencies all say they are so they must be.

Wink

Dan

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) I've got some beachfront property in Tucson to sell you

In reply to: They're telling the truth.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) If you're selling, Condi Rice is buying. ;-)

In reply to: (NT) I've got some beachfront property in Tucson to sell you

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) i cant wait to see you eat crow and 4 more yrs yuk yuk

In reply to: (NT) If you're selling, Condi Rice is buying. ;-)

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Feel free to stop baiting any time now, Mark.

In reply to: (NT) i cant wait to see you eat crow and 4 more yrs yuk yuk

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) well your condi rice sure smacks at baiting

In reply to: (NT) Feel free to stop baiting any time now, Mark.

Collapse -
Good question and.......

as mark pointed out can the UN be trusted? Hell no! It will be interesting to see how the Bush folks approach this one. This is probably a time buying ploy by Iran, but I am in hopes that they live in fear inevitable invasion by the U.S. should they continue with their non-monitored development of nuclear materials. At this point no one knows for sure.

Lately, our military has been balls to the walls forcing down the insurgent strong holds in Iraq and it?s not a pretty site to see (Iraq)-- mostly for them and the rest of the terrorist supporting regimes in the middle east. Iran doesn?t want the U.S. military to come calling for them now that we are next door and Bush is not backing down. Lybia saw the light, so hopefully Iran and others will follow suit.

My optimistic thoughts for this night.

No, I don?t care to purchase a bridge either.

Collapse -
Iran Wants to Change Conditions of Freeze / Update on Iran

Collapse -
Cheat and Retreat lives on!

In reply to: Iran Wants to Change Conditions of Freeze / Update on Iran

The Iranians are actively trying the same shell game that Saddam Hussein used for so long, secure that while the U.S. might not buy it, the Euros can be relied on to fold like so many cheap card tables: Iran wants nuke freeze amended:

Iran has requested amending the terms of its freeze of uranium enrichment activities so that it could continue "research and development" of technology that can be used to make atomic weapons, diplomats said on Wednesday.

"The Iranians asked to be allowed to continue conducting research and development with centrifuges during the freeze, but the Europeans told them no," a Western diplomat told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

Iran promised France, Britain and Germany last week it would suspend its entire uranium enrichment program and all related activities in a bid to avoid a report to the U.N. Security Council and possible economic sanctions. The suspension, which includes all work with centrifuges, took effect on Monday.

Centrifuges purify uranium to fuel power plants or weapons by spinning at supersonic speeds.

"Iran has asked to be allowed to test centrifuge rotors during the freeze," said a diplomat, who added that this would require permission to operate several dozen centrifuges.

The Euros "told them no"; however, the mullahs know that, when push comes to shove, they'll roll over lest their precious oil interests in Iran be threatened.

"Test centrifuge rotors", my backside!

Collapse -
Agree with you!

In reply to: Cheat and Retreat lives on!

The UN with their attitude will take 12 years to make a decision if Iraq was any guide:)

Collapse -
Re: Agree with you!

In reply to: Agree with you!

Maybe we'll learn and make the right decision in 12 years. That would be a nice change of pace.

Dan

Collapse -
well i hope

In reply to: Re: Agree with you!

we wont wait or iseral will do the right thing

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.