Question

IPod won't stay connected to windows

Help. I can't synch, add music to or charge my IPod on my PC.

I have Windows XP SP3 with 2GB RAM. When I plug my IPod into the USB port, I can see the driver in device manager, and iTunes opens. The status window in iTunes indicates that it's verifying my device, them changes to "verifying which tracks to synch". At that point, the display in the device says disconnecting. I get an alert from windows saying "windows was unable to save all the data for file f:. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere." iTunes then gives me the message "The iPod cannot be synched, The required folder cannot be found"

I've restored the iPod more times than I care to count, it's been to Apple's service center where they're telling me there's no problem with the device. I've tried it on other computers with no issues like this.

Can anybody help?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: IPod won't stay connected to windows
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: IPod won't stay connected to windows
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Answer
There's your clue.

I've tried it on other computers with no issues like this.

Let's look at the PC's detail. Sorry I can't find any.

All I can suggest is to try the rear USB ports or try a new USB PCI card.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Try uninstalling iTunes

and then downloading a fresh copy from the Apple site.

- Collapse -
Answer
iPod connect to windows

Update your iTunes to the latest version. Plug in your iPod. If iTunes can't
recognize it, then in iTunes in the top left corner click help> run
diagnostics. On the box that comes up, check the last two things. Click next and
it should identify your iPod.

CNET Forums