The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Ipod versus creative

Hello

About 1 year ago i bought an Ipod 80GB. I hadent looked much into the difference models and i sort of fell for the sailsman and bought the most expnesive.. nicest looking little i could find... after all i used my urlyer mp3 player alot (a creative zen touch 20 GB) (about 50 hauers a week) and i felt it was deffently time to upgrade.

So after listening to what the sailsdude hade to say... about creat picture cvality... and loads of GB's... (yes i do need 80GB - espachally when "i can play movies on it").

I came home with a fresh nice-lokking, small 80GB Ipod and was the firrs 30 min VERY happy. i started uploading my songs...and all when quite ok.... (later i found out that the Ipod only playes/uploads mp3 filles... (no not even wma).

When i was finished uploading ... and anyllising my files.. I started inporting picutres. I quikly found out that i could only synkronise em.. wich means you can not put in 1 picture at the time.. but you got to replace the whole picure gallery verey time you want a new picture... (hope i am not wrong about this part...but i dont think i am)

( ABOUT ANYLLISING - hope it's writtten that way....---annyllising is somthing Itunes does every time you get a new adio file on your pc... you ought to turn the auto anyllise thing OF or itunes will start every time you install somthing.)

(NOTICE this part) Ok-- after getteng i little heated up by the picture thing i tried adding some movies... this is where i really got mad.. After reading meany forums i found out that the Ipod can only play MP4, MPEG, MPEG4 and quiktime filles. (ofcourse they never tell you about this at the stors. If you want this leagally you will have to pay alot for somthing called quiktime pro. ther are allso some other converter programs that may be used.. how meany of these are leagall i do not know...

And on an Ipod you have a very bad Ram... ex. You can not play brick while listening to music with out experiencing bad LAG.

On the ipod you can not use backround pictures.. sort of irritating... and the callender function and notes function are bad becouse the have to be ritten on you pc and inported to you Ipod... this count for the contacks as well... meaning that when someone gives you a phonme number or anything you will have to go home.. right it on you pc.. then inport it to your ipod....

And all of the Ipod extra stuff are VERY expensive... ex: usb =20 dollars.. a bit differense from store to store.. check www.apple.com

CREATIVE:
The video creatives are not as nice looking (would most people say) and it's a bitt larger and heavier.. But who cears when it can play all of these viedo files: AVI, DivX? 4 & 5, XviD3, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG4-SP, WMV9 and Motion-JPEG (NOTE AVI AND DivX .. olmost all digitale cameras.. and video cameras film in avi.. and olmost every film you buy will come in an avi format..

The creatives can play olmost any music format and show every picture formant... if anything cant be played you got a file converter on the creative programme wich you get free with your creative... Maybe you find 1 or 2 files that even the creative cant take... but trust me.. after trying an Ipod .. it WILL NOT UPSETT YOU..

Some may say it's low sound.. but this also depends on your speakers... and this does also the battery time.-.. well i think the ipod got a few houers bether battery.. but still .. it sucks...

- it's a litle less GB*s on creative players.. but without the possebillty to play the normal filetypes you will not need 80 or 120 GBs (if your a normall user).. you also get alot more extra equipmnet with your4 creative... and new equipmnet is not as expensive as the apple products.

QUESTION - PLEASE HELT IF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT IT: Is ther any way to run and Ipod on a creative softwhere? this would be azome for me.

MORAL: DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT BUYING AN IPOD.

PS: Use Songbird instead of Itunes if you want to inport stuff to your Ipod.. it isent neary crrashing as much as Itunes--- and never pull out the Ipod/mp3 player will do not disconct is showing... if you havent got any screan use the safe disconect thing on your contrall panel..

Lallan

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ipod versus creative
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ipod versus creative
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.