General discussion

iPod touch wifi password

I bought a new iPod touch and I want to connect it to my home network. The iPod asks for a password for my network but I don't know what it is or where to find it. I am using a Motorola SBG 900 cable gateway, OS. is Windows 7, any ideas would be great Thanks Brian.

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: iPod touch wifi password
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: iPod touch wifi password
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
That password

is used by the Wireless portion of your router.

That is where you will find the password.

P

- Collapse -
passwords normaly obfuscated

Good general advice, but it won't help the OP.

To the OP> Who set up your wireless network? The person or company/ISP you used to setup your equipment is the contact to consult with regarding the password. It wont' be accessible to you in plain text anywhere unless you happen to have wrote it down when it was set up.

- Collapse -
That pesky password
- Collapse -
iPod touch wifi password

Thanks to every one but I fixed my problem with the iPod touch. Thanks again

- Collapse -
(NT) And the fix was?
- Collapse -
iPod touch wifi password

The fix was using capital letters for the WEP key witch the dumb iPod does not say.

- Collapse -
Ahh,

the dumb iPod.

You would think that the dozy wireless router would have mentioned it, given that it's where that, all capital, password is stored. Happy

At least you are back in business.

P

CNET Forums

Forum Info