Question

iPod touch vs Nexus 7

I am looking into buying either the iPod touch 32GB 5th-generation or the Nexus 7 16GB.

Capacity is not a concern for me... 16GB and 32GB will both serve me well.

Which would be the better product? In terms of performance, responsiveness, capabilities, fun-ness, etc...

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: iPod touch vs Nexus 7
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: iPod touch vs Nexus 7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
What factors are most important ??

Do you only want music or want to watch videos as well? The Nexus 7 wins there for videos.

The display size makes a world of difference when you use the device for typing/messaging. Nexus 7 wins here.

You need to be more specific about what you want to do with the device for more feedback.

- Collapse -
Size doesn't matter

I want the better all-around device. I don't care about the size of either, I want one that'll do "more", or "better" in any situation that may arise. Which will handle the majority of situations "comfortably"?

- Collapse -
Answer
For me, the Nexus. But why?

One of the developing apps our office does involves serial port profile over bluetooth. Apple doesn't do that so for me the choice is clearly the Nexus if these were the only 2 choices.
Bob

- Collapse -
Answer
Ipod touch 5th gen

After all it is lighter, thinner, has more and better cameras, has much better resolution and ppi, new one has siri which in my opinion beats googles version, and as acess to the appstore so many more apps are available, more portability, and airplay mirroring (which if you have a apple TV is a reason alone to get it over the nexus). If you are doing this just for videos and seriously hard core gaming then go nexus 7 the bigger screen and faster processor are what makes it sell. But like most vs's it comes down to ios vs android, which do you like better? Another thing to consider is the ipod touches color options.

CNET Forums