Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

iPod Touch video playback issue

Since upgrading my iPod Touch to v2.0 I have trouble watching cnet video podcasts. I can watch an episode straight-thru without error, but if I try to fast-forward or stop/restart playback, the audio and video become unsynched and I cannot correct it. I've only had this problem with the last two cnet Live episodes (2hr iPhone release, and the 7/17 episode). I never had this problem before upgrading my iPod.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iPod Touch video playback issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iPod Touch video playback issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
I have this issue too

In reply to: iPod Touch video playback issue

It appears to be only with CNET videos that were done around and since the time of the update. I don't have issues with non-CNET videos.

Collapse -
Not just CNET video

In reply to: I have this issue too

At first, I thought it was a CNET issue, but the same issue happened to AskANinja podcast also. But, some video podcasts from other sources work fine, and not all CNET podcasts are affected. Transfers from my Tivo work fine also.

No clear pattern, except that I had no issues before upgrading to 2.0.

Collapse -
CNET is aware

In reply to: Not just CNET video

Collapse -
Good deal

In reply to: CNET is aware

I'm glad to see this issue get some traction, since I posted it on this forum after CNET Customer Service brushed me off and suggested it was a hardware issue.

Collapse -
playback issues

In reply to: Good deal

any solution to this problem yet? its really frustrating...i can't watch any cnet live or BOL podcasts!

Collapse -
Look at the posts above.

In reply to: playback issues

The information needed to discuss this is absent. If we want to look into this, all the detail is needed.

Collapse -
?

In reply to: Look at the posts above.

r.proffit....i don't quite understand your post..

all the information is in the above posts..

in summary, there seems to be a problem watching cnet live and BOL podcasts on my ipod touch. The problem started since upgrading to the firmware 2.0. When watching the podcast all the way through playback seems to be ok, however when skipping or pausing the audio is completely out of sync. the video playback is fine, its the audio thats the problem...it ends up being audio from 2-3 minutes back. Its completely unwatchable..

i read on another forum that its to do with a new encoding process that cnet are now using.....could downgrading to 1.1.5 solve these playback issues? anyone who hasn't upgraded to 2.0 having playback issues with cnet live or BOL?

Collapse -
Since it's only BOL then you have your clues.

In reply to: ?

The above posts also may have one think the playback issue is in iTunes which as you know there are issues with some PCs.

As to BOL, try the BOL forum since they do post there and need to know if they need to tweak their encoding.

Bob

Collapse -
Just so you know.

In reply to: Since it's only BOL then you have your clues.

I feel for you but it's likely to be the encoding they use and not an iTunes or pod issue. Sometimes we have to resign ourselves that some can't produce the encoding proper. If you complain in the right places then they might notice. Hint? Try the BOL forum as this forum is about MP3...

Collapse -
Let's keep this in one discussion.

In reply to: iPod Touch video playback issue

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

REVIEW

Sublime suburban chariot

High on style and technology, the 2019 Volvo XC90 is an incredibly satisfying everyday crossover.