General discussion

ipod touch speakers

i want to know which portable speakers will work with the ipod touch.yeah its just audio out...sooo i just use these really cheap hardcase with a biult in speaker..

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: ipod touch speakers
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ipod touch speakers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
portable speakers

Anything that works with docking iPods will work (using the proprietary 30-pin dock connector on the bottom).

- Collapse -
iPod Touch Speakers
- Collapse -
ipod

All docking stations that work with normal iPods will work with your iPod Touch. If not, I believe you could probably get an adapter.

Jake Ruston,
<a href="http://www.thependrive.com">Consumer Electronics</a>.

- Collapse -
with one caveat

All of the late 2008 iPods, including 2nd generation Touch may not be compatible with earlier docking stations. They will more than likely work as they should for the speaker function but may not be able to charge. I believe they now charge at a different voltage (something about firewire). I have several speaker/docking systems that work for 1st gen Touch but don't for 2nd gen.

CNET Forums

Forum Info