Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

IPOD Touch Car Adapter

I have an 8GB Ipod Touch and was looking to use it in my car but dont want to bother with buying all this stuff that needs to get installed....Can anyone suggest a good car adapter to use with my IPOD? I want to be able to choose songs with it.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IPOD Touch Car Adapter
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IPOD Touch Car Adapter
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
what kind of adapter are you looking for?

In reply to: IPOD Touch Car Adapter

Do you already have an aux input? If so, all you need is the patch cable. If you have a cassette player, you can use a cassette adapter. If you have neither of these things and don't want anything installed then you need to go with an fm transmitter.

These things are hit or miss and whether they work or not can depend on many variables, such as what kind of car you have, where you live/drive, and the availability of clear frequencies. For some, the really inexpensive ones work just fine. For me, not so much so. I've tried several before finally settling on the DLO Transpod/Transdock. It was pricey but it was the best for me and my Honda Civic in San Diego. They run anywhere from $75-100, so before you go that route, you might want to go ahead and get some less expensive ones and try them out. Just make sure you get them from a place that has a decent return policy. I would probably advise against doing anything mail order just because of the hassle of returning them by mail then waiting to credit your account. Unless you don't mind that hassle.

I can't think of anything that will allow you to choose songs on it that isn't something that needs to be installed. There are some with remotes (DLO has one), but they are fairly rudimentary, only allowing skipping tracks forward and back. I mainly rely on playlists on my Touch, and I find it easier to select what I want using the touch screen than the click wheel of the other iPod models.

Collapse -
Car Connectors

In reply to: what kind of adapter are you looking for?

Thanks for the advice. Best Buy was telling me that I could have something installed so I can listen to my sirius and my ipod in one setting. not sure i want to drop cash after they messed my car up installing the satellite radio

Collapse -
Need adapter from Ipod car aux cable to Sansa MP3

In reply to: Car Connectors

I need an adapter to connect my IPod aux car connector , which is hard wired to the factory stereo, to a SanDisk sansa e200 MP3 player. Does anyone know if this exists? I just bought the car and it came with this connector installed, which is apparently expensive, but I dont use an IPod. Want to make it work but need some help. Last resort is buying an IPod...
By the way, FM transmitters suck. If you want mine, you can have it. I spent $40 on this Belkin transmitter and all I get is static, but I live in the bay area so maybe it would work somewhere else with out so many stations better?

Collapse -
Ipod Adapter

In reply to: Need adapter from Ipod car aux cable to Sansa MP3

Sure I'll be glad to give that a whirl......I live in the Boston area so maybe I'll have better luck.....Drop me a line at sparker2000@gmail.com and we can arrange for something.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.