General discussion

iPod Speakers + Turntable?

I have a ton of music on my iPod, and I have a bunch of records. Living in a rather small apartment, I wanted to buy a decent iPod speaker system and connect a turntable to it. This would cover all my needs. I've already got the iPod speaker system (Logitech Pure-Fi Elite) with an auxiliary jack. My question is whether the turntable I am looking at (the Pioneer PL-990) will connect to my iPod speaker system via the auxiliary jack. I know the turntable has a preamplifier and doesn't need a phono jack, but I don't know if I am going to get red and white cables or something that would connect to a standard auxiliary port. I don't want to buy this turntable if I am not going to be able to connect it, so I thought someone might suggest a way of figuring this out? Thanks!

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: iPod Speakers + Turntable?
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: iPod Speakers + Turntable?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
more information

Okay, I found out that the turnable comes with paid of red and white output cables. So I suppose the next question is whether there is an adapter which will take those red and whites into a standard auxiliary jack and, if so, how much I would be sacrificing by taking this route?

- Collapse -
Sacrificing..maybe slightly monetary wise.

CNET Forums

Forum Info