Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

IPod Restoration problems Error 1413

by mdavis03 / December 6, 2006 10:01 PM PST

I am having problems restoring an iPod to factory defaults. I wanted to do this just to wipe everything off of the 8GB nano before I gave it to my girlfriend for X-Mas.

I loaded it with music and photos and enabled it to be used as a hard drive. Through iTunes I went and deleted all the music and photos from the iPod. I then opened up the ipod in Windows Explorer and deleted the files that I transfered from my computer to another.

When I tried to restore it, it gave me an error 1413. I was able to find this information on it.

I downloaded the latest version of iTunes already. I havent had a chance to try solution 2 but I tried solution 3 and it didnt work. If solution 2 doesnt work what else can I try? Could I just go to the iPod through Windows explorer and delete the folders on the iPod (not the hidden folder, even though I did look at it) and then try to update it?

Here, if it helps, is the laptop specs that I am using with iTunes and my iPod Nano 8GB 2nd Gen. Acer Aspire AMD Sempron , 512MB, 60GB,15.4" Widescreen, XP Home Edition Notebook, AS3004WLCi - LX.A5505.A74 Windows XP

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: IPod Restoration problems Error 1413
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: IPod Restoration problems Error 1413
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Additional info
by mdavis03 / December 6, 2006 10:16 PM PST

I should say that I can still upload music to my ipod and still use it to listen to music, play the games, use the stopwatch etc. I was just worried about this if Apple happens to release a critical update. Would iTunes give me this error if my ipod was already updated to the latest software?

Collapse -
by mdavis03 / December 7, 2006 10:02 AM PST
In reply to: Additional info

IT WORKED! I uninstalled Spycatcher, rebooted, uninstalled iTunes and Quicktime, made sure that all the files were deleted, rebooted again and re-installed iTunes and quicktime and I was able to restore the ipod with no problems at all. Thanks for all the help. I really do appreciate this. Now that I know this I will have to make sure when my girlfriend tries to load iTunes on her laptop that she gets rid of spycatcher first.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?