Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Ipod Nano or Ipod Touch

by STEVE YOUNG24 / March 20, 2008 11:49 AM PDT

should I Stick with my ipod nano Or Should I UPgrade To A ipod touch?
and is the Ipod touch really worth me upgrading 2 It? THX Alot

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ipod Nano or Ipod Touch
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ipod Nano or Ipod Touch
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
it depends
by ktreb / March 20, 2008 2:21 PM PDT

Which Nano are you trying to upgrade from?
Why do you want a Touch?

If you want a larger screen and want to stay within the iPod family, yes it is worth it. However, you may see new or refreshed iPods that could be cheaper per GB in another 6 months or so and kick yourself for paying $300-$500. If you can live with that, by all means go for it. You could wait and see what happens in the coming months or investigate non-iPod options from companies like Cowan and Archos that offer more.

By the way, I have the 8GB Touch. I love it, but since it's only 8GB I mainly use it for movies and a few podcasts and selected music playlists. I like using it in the car since it is fairly easy to control while driving, though I really don't recommend doing that. I still use my 30GB video iPod for music. In a pinch, I'll use the web browser, but I still prefer using my laptop.

Another consideration is getting video content for it. Are you willing to pay the iTunes Store for it or can you get content through other, possibly illegal means? If the answer to both is "no", then it's not worth it. What's the point of the bigger screen if you have nothing to watch on it?

Collapse -
upgrading
by STEVE YOUNG24 / March 20, 2008 11:15 PM PDT
In reply to: it depends

i'm upgrading from a 3Gen ipod nano and i want the touch because It just looks cool and its easy 2 handle.

Collapse -
Why upgrade from itouch to Nano
by ipodtouch2ggameser / November 30, 2009 9:48 AM PST
In reply to: upgrading

I would upgrade because of the larger screen allowing you to watch movies, the touch screen and the cool games. I'm hooked on topgun which is one of the many (itouch) ipod touch 2g games that you can't get on a Nano.
If you're just in it for the music i guess the Nano will cut it but i'd drop some hints Wink for christmas and hope for the best. If you're thinking which ipod touch (8gb 32gb 64gb 1G 2G 3G) you should get, just go 3G all the way. Cheaper faster and better all round than the 2G .
Did i forget to mention like 75000 apps and games.Some are quite addictive;) Chao

Collapse -
that's not right...
by d_adams / December 5, 2009 11:42 PM PST
http://16gbipodtouch2g.info/how-to-choose-which-ipod-touch-to-buy.html

That site is not correct. The 8GB iPod touch '3G' is actually a 8GB iPod touch 2nd gen, so it doesn't support voice control and is not as fast as the 32 or 64GB versions.

As for whether to upgrade you Nano or not, well, I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. I wouldn't get the iPod touch just because "it looks cool". That's not really a reason to shell out $50 extra (minimum) in my book. I bought mine because I wanted a handheld computer and because I needed a new mp3 player anyway. It has worked great on both accounts. Other reasons to buy it could be, Apps, larger screen for video, larger storage space (though the iPod classic is best at that), or the features made possible by built in wifi.
Collapse -
iPod Nano
by harrisdy11378 / January 9, 2010 9:05 AM PST

It depends on how you use it. But for me iPod Nano that shoots video is good enough for me.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.