The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Ipod lawsuit

by shadow325is / February 2, 2006 2:59 AM PST

Anybody else see this craziness? Guy's suing Apple because he can turn up his ipod loud enough to damage his hearing (of note - he doesn't actually KNOW if his hearing is damaged, but it's "beside the point"). When will it end???

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ipod lawsuit
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ipod lawsuit
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by tcrew1 / February 2, 2006 3:07 AM PST
In reply to: Ipod lawsuit

Yes the iPod Headphones do go loud but its there fault if they put the volume up.. they control it!!!

Collapse -
Rolling the dice
by MacHugger / February 2, 2006 3:23 AM PST

The scumbag is rolling the dice, figuring it'll be better odds than playing the lottery. These type of suits are almost always terminated quickly through the judicial process. But occasionally, a settlement is made.

Things like this are why we have stickers on lawnmowers saying "do not place hands or feet under here when operating."

I'm a firm believer in Darwinism: you kill yourself by not eating or sleeping for days on end playing World of Warcraft... seeya!

-Kevin S.

Collapse -
Slippery Slope for sure
by scott_wilder / February 2, 2006 5:01 AM PST

So do guitar players sue Marshall for making guitar amps too loud? Can car buyers sue manufacturers for installing stereos that are too loud?

It's complete sillyness

Collapse -
by Jasmes / February 2, 2006 12:07 PM PST

Earbuds are technically more likely to damage hearing because while full sized over-ear headphones transmit vibrations into your skull/outside your ear/etc in addition to directly your ear canal, the earbuds deliver all the audio energy directly into the ear. This means they are worse for your ears.

However, that also means all you need to do is be careful not to turn them up too loud. This lawsuit is ********.

Collapse -
I don't QUITE agree with Shakespeare...
by punterjoe / February 2, 2006 8:40 PM PST

Kill all lawyers seems a bit extreme. Just get the bottomfeeders retrained for socially useful jobs, like picking up trash on highways to their former clients.
I can't slam class action suits, Sony alone proves their necessity... but this is the sort of claptrap that leads to inane warnings aimed at morons who don't/can't read anyway... like "do not eat" on suppositories, "Danger - Hot" on coffee cups, and my alltime favorite, a plastic bag with a stick drawing of a crawling baby with a bag over it's head and a circle-slash! Extraolate and picture a day where we're all legally required to wear helmets & pads in public, and the world will be bubblewrapped for our protection! ...make that the protection of potential litigants Silly
I'm not encouraging darwinism, but underemployed lawyers shouldn't be encouraged to leech off the terminally stupid and clog up the legal system.
Time to ban all those lawyer ads on daytime tv - where all the folks with too much time on their hands seem to congregate. I'm sure Robert Vaughan can find other work.

Collapse -
by MacHugger / February 3, 2006 2:20 AM PST

"been around the world and found that only stupid people are breeding, the cretins cloning and FEEDING..."

-Flagpole Sitta, Harvey Danger

Our ipod litigant is one of the cretins suckling from the teat of far more productive people.

-Kevin S.

Popular Forums
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
Laptops 21,181 discussions
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
Phones 17,137 discussions
Security 31,287 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

Help, my PC with Windows 10 won't shut down properly

Since upgrading to Windows 10 my computer won't shut down properly. I use the menu button shutdown and the screen goes blank, but the system does not fully shut down. The only way to get it to shut down is to hold the physical power button down till it shuts down. Any suggestions?