General discussion

Ipod Backup READ!

Mar 27, 2005 11:18AM PST

I would like to know how to backup all of my ipod's music to a DVD cd? because the Mac Store can do it here where i live, but, they charge $75 dollars. I would like to know, if someone knows how to do this please tell me

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Ipod Backup READ!
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Ipod Backup READ!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Burn
Mar 27, 2005 12:07PM PST

the contents of your iTunes library onto the DVD. You probably cannot do it from within iTunes but if you export the library out as AAC, AIFF or MP3 then once it is burned onto the DVD is should be playable.
The other alternative is to go to the local Mac store and ask them how to do it.

P

- Collapse -
Hmm
Mar 27, 2005 12:11PM PST

Im trying to export the contents on my ipod in itunes to a DVD, but it can only be exported as a .XML file, how can i do it to be a AAC, AIFF OR MP3?

- Collapse -
Tracks
Mar 27, 2005 8:56PM PST

Isn't it usual to have the iPod sync with iTunes?
So, would it be too much to expect that the contents of the iPod also existed, as originals, within iTunes?
If that is the case, wouldn't one just export and then burn them.

P

- Collapse -
Try...
Mar 27, 2005 12:10PM PST
- Collapse -
Little problem..
Mar 27, 2005 12:17PM PST

I have a PC not a Mac, is there a program like this for PC?

- Collapse -
I guess that forum tip is not showing tonight.
Mar 27, 2005 12:21PM PST

Here it is. Tip: If you are asking for help to troubleshoot a computer-related problem, please be sure to include all the necessary information (ie: operating system, model number, hardware, software, etc) that will help others identify your problem for a speedy resolution.

That ipodlounge is very good about such things as well as google.com

It's late so I'll be back tomorrow.

Bob

- Collapse -
And you did post in the Mac hardware forum...
Mar 27, 2005 12:22PM PST

I tried to guess you might have a Mac. Yawn! I'm done.

- Collapse -
Low Batteries
Mar 27, 2005 8:54PM PST

in the crystal ball will cause the same effect Bob.
I can't imagine why you would have thought that the poster did not have a Mac, but a PC. Happy

P

CNET Forums

Forum Info