Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

ipod 20G vs. iriver H-120

by garijay / November 8, 2004 4:15 AM PST

I'm about to buy one of these two; my intent is to (i) download my existing CD library about 80-100 CD's)onto my mp-3 player (either directly or through the home computer; I know the iriver can do it directly) and (ii) download my two friends' mp-3 libraries (one has an ipod and one an iriver h-120)onto my home computer (new Dell with Windows XP) and pick and choose from there what to put on my mp-3. As to newly released music, I'll probably continue buying CD's for my home system and the car (since it seems there's not a good solution yet for cars without cassette players that only have a CD player). I'd appreciate any thoughts about which of the two above players (or maybe another player) is best; thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: ipod 20G vs. iriver H-120
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: ipod 20G vs. iriver H-120
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re: ipod 20G vs. iriver H-120
by Dragon_Fangs / November 8, 2004 8:22 AM PST

First of all, are you sure you can GET that iRiver? I WAS going to get that model but then i realized that they dont make them anymore and the only one in stock in my whole state was in a city a hundred miles away so either way, the iRiver would be better. the new iRiver has a color screen and therefor can display pictures but either way, iRiver has SO many more features than the iPod. Like you said you would use the input to record songs and if you have a digital camera then you can directly import images. the iRiver supports a remote with a 4 line display. AND for your car, you could use an FM transmitter.

Collapse -
by garijay / November 8, 2004 8:47 AM PST

they've got a few at the local Best Buy; I know they're not being made anymore, but I'm not interested in the video aspect, and the H120 is selling for $270

Collapse -
by mkevin88 / November 17, 2004 12:05 PM PST

i have bought an iriver in july, its about the best thing to happen to my music. Anyone who sees it with me is willing to admit how good it is. There are some apple fanatics who refuse to judge it, but whatever. It is a great product with no problems, since they stopped making them, it is advised that you look at the new product(which is also pretty good) and decide if that is better than a new ipod. for ihp-120 vs. ipod up to 4th gen , i say that iriver whups ***.

Collapse -
by kissell123 / November 25, 2004 3:54 PM PST

I would definatly go with the H120 over the iPod. Its just a better player. I almost bought one a year ago but instead I got a Rio Karma and about a month ago my hard drive died and now Im back looking for a new mp3 player. Im considering the H120 or the Zen Touch. The Zen Touch is very cheap at amazon.com right now and it looks like a very good player. I would avoid the iPod, they just arent worth the money with all this new competition that is so much better.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 51,912 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,498 discussions
icon
Laptops 20,411 discussions
icon
Security 30,882 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 21,253 discussions
icon
Windows 10 1,672 discussions
icon
Phones 16,494 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,855 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 15,504 discussions

REVIEW

Meet the drop-resistant Moto Z2 Force

The Moto Z2 Force is really thin, with a fast processor and great battery life. It can survive drops without shattering.