The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

iPhone-like skin for Win Mobile causes Apple to fight back

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iPhone-like skin for Win Mobile causes Apple to fight back
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iPhone-like skin for Win Mobile causes Apple to fight back
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
iPod like skin for PocketPC and Win Mobile as well.

In reply to: iPhone-like skin for Win Mobile causes Apple to fight back

Collapse -
AWESOME!

did apple really copyright every single icon image? yikes! i think this is blowing smoke up the ****!

Collapse -
You are seriously anti-apple. jeez.

In reply to: AWESOME!

EVERY software maker copyrights their icons. It is ART, which by default is copyrighted on creation.

Collapse -
lol I said 'awesome' cuz I wanted to do it!

In reply to: You are seriously anti-apple. jeez.

lol and it looks great! took almost 3 hrs to perfect tho.

(for the record, mcbook has been on my want it list since it came out, and im on my fourth kind of ipod right now. i love apple. i just filter objectively)

Collapse -
BTW, check out the BOL flickr pool.

Collapse -
(NT) so wrong, yet so right...

In reply to: BTW, check out the BOL flickr pool.

Collapse -
Whatever!

There have been Apple looking skins for windows for years! Nobody is getting sued. Apple blowing smoke cuz they don't want hardware that actually does what they do better than the iPhone to look as "cool" as the iPhone.
Windowsblinds has been around forever doing this very thing on windows PCs.
http://features.engadget.com/2004/06/09/turn-your-pc-into-a-mac/
shows you how to do it all.

Collapse -
Apple sues em!!! Plan backfires/alienates fanboy bloggers...

via slashdot: http://slashdot.org/palm/3/07/01/16/1717220_1.shtml

Choice quotes:
1. Ironically, Apple's attempts to have the files removed from the web have only given the skins greater publicity, and they have already begun spreading to other websites.
2. The issue marks a distinct change in tone for many bloggers and journalists, who just last week praised Apple for its 'revolutionary' and 'game-changing' phone despite being unable to conduct a proper hands-on test of the product.

My Opinion:
This is dumb. Skinning a WM Phone is obviously not the same as actually having an iphone, and therfore won't replace the need/want for it. "Idiots!" Build up buzz/envy by letting ppl skin their wannabe iphones, then maybe theyll switch. Now I'm even more angry at mad dog. It's just a skin. you dont get the position sensing technology, the voicemail thing, the ipod interface/integration, the sleek svelt profile, bla bla bla... Just goes to show that you don't have to be smart to be successful.

-Karl

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.