Driving home today listening to the latest BOL it struck me, the holy light came over me and i saw the bigger picture about the newly rumored 'Mobile Me' service from Apple.
The absolute need for a computer is by far the biggest flaw the iPhone currently has, you don't have to be a computer scientist to use it but you damn well need a computer. The Blackberry is still outpacing the iPhone because it can be used as a standalone device, in India and China this is also a problem as they generally don't have the (private) space big or safe enough for a PC.
The iPhone can become a standalone device
- this will more than double the potential costumer base
- online activation and updates, no need for a computer
- phone billing plan used to pay for iTunes content
- online storage for pictures and movies taken with the iPhone, private or public
- mini site/blog specially tailored to update with the iPhone
- online synching and backup for iTunes music, physically stored on the servers or a re-download from iTunes
- revenue sharing in the phone plan will pay for the 'mobile me' service
- the need for a lock-in with AT&T and others looks logical and justified now
.Mac seems like a failure at the moment but it can revolutionize the mobile world in a big way. Thats my take on it, this has to happen sooner or later i think.
Now hope Steve also brings us a mini tablet to play with.
This one tip will help you sleep better tonight
A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.