Rant

Iphone 6 Plus - Do not recommend buying it

Brazilian resident, I exchanged my old Iphone 5S for a new unblocked Iphone 6 Plus for approximately U$500.
To start, the battery life was considerable shorter (especially with some apps open) and the Iphone 6 Plus BENDS if you leave it in your back pocket when sitting for longer periods of time.

The worse, it was supposed to be more robust. On the contrary, its extremelly fragile. I dropped from a 1 meter height (3.3feet) and the front panel was completely damaged/crashed. Went to the Apple store in Brazil who wanted to charge me also $456 (1.400 reais) to repair/replace it. Took it to an Apple Store in London/UK and they wanted to charge me $364 (GBP249) to repair/replace it.

Not only, the quality of this new Iphone 6 Plus is poor - but now Apple want to charge ridiculous high fees to repair an Iphone.

Do not recommend this product to anyone.

Discussion is locked

Follow
Reply to: Iphone 6 Plus - Do not recommend buying it
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: Iphone 6 Plus - Do not recommend buying it
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
It's not the product, it's the user(!)

Ask yourself how many (rigid!) screens can withstand a similar drop. Not many. Then, ask yourself if it is actually a wise to place a phone all the time in your back pocket while sitting. Basic common sense, amigo.

You also could have used a third party to repair the screen for less $. We are done here...

- Collapse -
Bendbot agrees.
- Collapse -
Read that link.

"The Apple iPhone 6 Plus deformation occurred at 110 pounds, but it continued to function normally. When pushed to catastrophic failure, its breaking point was an impressive 179 pounds."

There's more there. If you are bending this phone, you are bending this phone.

- Collapse -
iphone 6

Bummer that you broke your screen. I've dropped my phone several times but had a case that saved the day. Part of the issue with the iPhone 6+ is that the phone itself is so big that an additional case makes it unusually large.

- Collapse -
David Pogue did a good video on this product. Bumper.
- Collapse -
Bumper

That looks interesting. I might be looking for a new case soon.

- Collapse -
Was planning to buy iPhone 6

OMG! I am planning to buy a new phone and was thinking of buying iPhone 6. However, after reading your review about iPhone 6 I am not going to buy it because it is very costly and as you said not robust which does not makes any sense to me.

Can you suggest any other which I can use..instead of iPhone 6? RIght now, I am using iPhone 4.

Hope to hear from you soon.

- Collapse -
Then no other phone will do better?
- Collapse -
You seem to believe everything you see

on the internet.

It's not all true and in this case it is just one persons opinion.

The same applies to the advice about Siri, that you decided not to use ever again.

P

- Collapse -
You are the problem......

.....In this case. No phone is bulletproof and you need to treat it accordingly. I have had more than a dozen phones and only had to file 1 insurance claim. I happily paid the insurance deductible and got my replacement phone with no troubles.

- Collapse -
There was that Brick phone.

CNET Forums

Forum Info