HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Iphone 4s power issue

by LuiGu / May 22, 2014 4:01 AM PDT

Hello there, I am having an issue with a iphone 4s. The power button was not working property but the phone was on. The power button had to be pressed really hard to get it to work. I disassembled the phone and realized that the power flex was missing the tiny black dot and made the outer power button difficult to reach it. I didn't have the flex to get it replaced so I assembled the phone back again but now it doen't turn on anyways. I connected to a charger, to the laptop and don't even the apple shows up. I noted that a screw and a little piece was missing at the top left side of the phone. I was wondering is that has something to do with no power on. Any of you have some ideas what may be causing this issue. If more info is needed please ask. Thanks for your help guys.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Iphone 4s power issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Iphone 4s power issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
repair shop time
by James Denison / May 22, 2014 4:04 AM PDT
In reply to: Iphone 4s power issue

the black dot you describe, was it the pressure dimple which actuates the switch?

Collapse -
Iphone power issue
by LuiGu / May 22, 2014 5:08 AM PDT
In reply to: repair shop time

yeah, that one.

Collapse -
somewhat jokingly i say
by James Denison / May 22, 2014 7:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Iphone power issue

put a straw on it and blow hard. Wink

I wonder if they make glue on dimples for replacing such items?

Collapse -
Sounds like it needs repair or exchange.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 22, 2014 4:11 AM PDT
In reply to: Iphone 4s power issue
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.