The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

iPhone

Whos getting one?

I want it!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iPhone
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iPhone
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Not yet

In reply to: iPhone

I'm on Verizon with no plans to change. It's a great device, but not enough for me to change carriers even if my contract is up.

I wish they had another update to the iPod, but now I can spend my money on something else. Maybe something non-tech for a change.

Collapse -
Not me

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a nifty little piece of technology, but it doesn't fit into my plans anytime soon. I just got on a new contract with Alltel to get a razr.

-Ryan

Collapse -
maybe

I want one, but for the price I want a replacement for my 60G video iPod. I hate the idea of having to switch to another service provider just for a phone.

Collapse -
I'd like it unlocked

I live out side the US so I've got no use for a plan. Can't I just buy the darn thing and take it with me? GSM works every where.

Remember when the BOL crew talked about the tiny Samsung chipset for digital TV tuner?? Put that thing into the iPhone and i'll dance a jig.

Does it play well with MS applications? Like Exchange? and if i have to read a word file on the go. Or How about a PDF file?

+ i could fill up 8Gigs real fast. more space is nice.

Collapse -
Im almost sold

Yeah i will probly end up buying the iphone even though there are somethings im still questioning about but hey i can get them answered when the phone comes out in june. I also take back what I said about me being dissapointed at Apple. I still going to be a two gadget man and i have 5.5 months to decide if i want it or not.
~DC~

Collapse -
(NT) its soo cool, but expensive, maybe for birthday

Collapse -
Nope...

Not a chance.

Collapse -
As soon as iBuy, it will become uncool

...so I'll wait for it to become uncool before I buy - even though I'll have craved it for years. Just like I did with my Razr. Silly
I think the Cingular alliance is a non-issue. Wasn't the Razr originally Cingular-only upon release? As soon as the iPhones for Europe & Asia go on sale, the unlocked phones will find their way to T-Mobile. The CDMA version may take considerably longer, but I can't imagine Apple passing up that market forever.
So will the iPhone be the new PS/3 with people getting stabbed & shot for theirs? This could get interesting.
I'm holding out for the iPhone2 with GPS. Then Google Maps will be really handy Happy

Collapse -
Take out the phone part of the iPhone and I'm so there.

Why would you want to pay $500 plus $60 to $100 per month for the next 2 years for an iPod?

Collapse -
I've had my mini for over 2 years.

In reply to: Take out the phone part of the iPhone and I'm so there.

I am so buying this thing the second i can. I would have paid $699. I would have otherwise purchased a new Treo and a widescreen ipod, so I'm actually saving money.

Collapse -
I really like it, but...

I am only a student and I dont really need to upgrade either my phone or my Creative Zen MicroPhoto at the moment. I will however most likely get an iPhone as my next phone, but it will be a while before I will be able to afford it, I would only but it unlocked, because I don't want to change my current plan and I dont want a contract.

Apart from that I see no major reason why it will fail, I personally think it is the best Apple non Mac product ever, even better than the iPod its that good.

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

SMART HOME

This one tip will help you sleep better tonight

A few seconds are all you need to get a better night's rest.