HolidayBuyer's Guide

Phones forum

General discussion

Ipaq RX 1950 and Outlook Express for Windows 7 64bit??

by arthurbach4 / October 7, 2009 7:55 PM PDT

Hi There.

I am running Windows 7 64bit and when I try and sync my Ipaq RX 1950 through WMDC, it says that in order to sync the dates etc - I need a program such as Outlook Express.

I have two questions about this:

1. Can I use a calendar program other than Outlook Express?

2. When I try to find and download a opy of Outlook Express it mentions something to the effect that it won't work on a 64bit OS.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Ipaq RX 1950 and Outlook Express for Windows 7 64bit??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Ipaq RX 1950 and Outlook Express for Windows 7 64bit??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: Outlook Express
by Kees Bakker / October 7, 2009 7:59 PM PDT

Outlook Express isn't a calendar program. It's a mail and newsgroup program only. So I doubt if the Ipaq says such. Maybe it says MS Outlook? I'm sure you can buy that for Windows 7 64 bit.

Moreover, Outlook Express isn't supported for anything higher than Windows XP. Microsofts current mail program that replaced it is Windows Live Mail.

Kees

Collapse -
Nice one!
by arthurbach4 / October 7, 2009 9:14 PM PDT
In reply to: RE: Outlook Express

Windows Live Mail is free isn't it? Do you think this will let me sync my schedule?

Thanks.

Collapse -
I don't think so.
by Kees Bakker / October 7, 2009 9:21 PM PDT
In reply to: Nice one!

But it's free to try.

What calendar program do you want to sync to pda-calendar to?

Kees

Collapse -
Umm...
by arthurbach4 / October 7, 2009 9:30 PM PDT
In reply to: I don't think so.

I actually don't mind what calendar program I use as long as I can get it to sync with the pda. Currently I can only sync my memos and phone numbers etc.

What would you suggest?

Thanks.

Collapse -
Let me be blunt.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 7, 2009 11:44 PM PDT

"You'll use Outlook" (Microsoft)

It's either that or you run in circles till you sort out another solution.
Bob

Collapse -
Wow, that WAS blunt..
by arthurbach4 / October 8, 2009 6:48 PM PDT
In reply to: Let me be blunt.

yet informative.

Thanks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

The Samsung RF23M8090SG

One of the best French door fridges we've tested

A good-looking fridge with useful features like an auto-filling water pitcher and a temperature-adjustable "FlexZone" drawer. It was a near-flawless performer in our cooling tests.