Phones forum

General discussion

iPaq 4350 Connection to Linksys Wireless AP Router

by KnicksDiva / April 15, 2005 3:28 AM PDT

I have had no issues connection unto the internet using my bluetooth phone, but I seem to have issues everytime I try to use the wireless connection. The strange thing is, I have been able to use it through a neighbors open connection, yet I can;t seem to pinpoint the problems to connect in my home network. My friend is able to connect his PDA on my wireless, but my iPaq won't go in... any ideas what it could be?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: iPaq 4350 Connection to Linksys Wireless AP Router
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: iPaq 4350 Connection to Linksys Wireless AP Router
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Don't have answer 4 you/But you might help me:WiFi,Bluetooth
by officetroll / July 5, 2005 6:21 AM PDT

I have been using an HP 5455, with wireless, bluetooth, and IR capability. I think the operating system is PPC Windows 2003.
I also have a NOKIA 3650 cell phone, with ATT/Cingular service. The phone is a photo phone, with bluetooth and IR.

I love these toys, but can't seem to get them to cooperate. I can transfer one file (photo, etc.) at a time. . .. VERY SLOW for the 200-300 photos I take each month. I finaly started taking the card out of the phone and plugging it in to the photo card reader on the computer. faster, but it sure seems like there should be a wireless solution. . .
We are planning to set up a wireless system (maybe Linksys) in the home ~soon. . . for 4 pc's and 2 Pocket PC's. But have had reservations about security, internet access, etc. Now it sounds like it might not work for the most portable items . . . .

ANYWAY, MY QUESTION:
DO YOU USE BLUETOOTH TO TRANFER "FOLDERS" OR to "EXPLORE" THE CONTENT OF THE PHONE'S STORAGE?
ARE YOU ABLE TO GET THE IPAQ TO ACCESS YOUR BLUETOOTH PHONE FOR AN INTERNET CONNECTION?

Just so you know, I have had numerous problems accessing wireless systems. The only one that works well is the one my son set up at school. I've tried Starbucks Hotspots, Hotel rooms, & work systems all with limited or no success. (You are not alone, and if you get an answer, or a source for answers, please share.)
ARE THERE SOME SECRETS TO IPAQ WIRELESS ?

Collapse -
Similar problem here...
by bitstream / August 3, 2005 12:20 AM PDT

Did you ever get an answer to your question? I am having a problem connecting to a Linksys router specifically. The VERY weird thing is that I used to be able to connect to that same router in the past. I cannot remember what has changed. However, any other PDA and computer seems to connect to this router without trouble and my PDA (iPaq 4350) seems to be able to connect to other wireless points.

It seems like there is some incompatibility - perhaps brought on by software. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Christian

Popular Forums

icon
Computer Newbies 10,686 discussions
icon
Computer Help 54,365 discussions
icon
Laptops 21,181 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 16,313 discussions
icon
Phones 17,137 discussions
icon
Security 31,287 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 22,101 discussions
icon
Windows 7 8,164 discussions
icon
Windows 10 2,657 discussions

FALL TV PREMIERES

Your favorite shows are back!

Don’t miss your dramas, sitcoms and reality shows. Find out when and where they’re airing!