Question

ipads

I need an ipad, what is a good ipad?

Discussion is locked
Follow
Reply to: ipads
PLEASE NOTE: Do not post advertisements, offensive materials, profanity, or personal attacks. Please remember to be considerate of other members. If you are new to the CNET Forums, please read our CNET Forums FAQ. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Reporting: ipads
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Comments
- Collapse -
Clarification Request
Given not much else.

I'd stick with the iPad 2 or later.

- Collapse -
which company?

what is a good company that makes the IPad 2?

- Collapse -
The question would be

"Which company made the iPad 2"?

That's Apple. You can see the current models at Apple.com

I noted to stick with the 2 or later since some seem to not want the older model.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: iPad

It's made by a Chinese firm called Foxconn, they sell everything they make to Apple, and Apple markets it.

Kees

- Collapse -
ipad and tablet

are the ipad and tablets the same thing?

- Collapse -
Let's try this.

1. Is the iPad a tablet?

Most say yes.

2. Are all tablets an iPad?

No one said yes.
Bob

- Collapse -
confused

so which is better iPad or tablet?

- Collapse -
That's for you to decide.

I find many folk upset as they discover most tablets are unlike their PCs when it comes to use and experiences.

You didn't share why you wanted one. It's not funny to hear folk complain when their favorite web site or Microsoft Word won't work.
Bob

- Collapse -
usage

I wanted to get one for my mom, , she's 85. someone told her to get a hand held computer that has games to keep her mind sharp. the kind of games she likes is number games, like suduko, math games things of that nature. she has never used a computer.

- Collapse -
Definitely the iPad.

I find android tablets, while nice to be far more fiddly and all over the map on operation, loading apps and such.

Stick to the iPads.
Bob

- Collapse -
Re: are ipads and tablets the same thing

A sparrow is a bird, but not all birds are sparrows; there are other kinds of birds, like swallows and starlings. The question "are sparrows and birds the same thing" is a rather strange question.

And just like that there are other kinds of tablets than iPads.

Kees

- Collapse -
Bit off topic but when I saw this...

CNET Forums